Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #1
derowe82

Wood trim around a slide out it's catching on the one end

Hey all, I have a issue I think. When I run my slide out, the wood trim is catching the carpet underneath the slide when it is almost all the way out. It's almost like the slide is sagging, causing the trim board to catch. How would one go about adjusting the slide or is that something for professionals?
Old 09-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Sagging where? In the middle, each end, one end ? If it's sagging trying to eliminate the sag by adjusting the entire slide would probably be the wrong approach and just cause more problems. What kind of slide is it; cable, ram etc.?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:17 PM   #3
derowe82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Sagging where? In the middle, each end, one end ? If it's sagging trying to eliminate the sag by adjusting the entire slide would probably be the wrong approach and just cause more problems. What kind of slide is it; cable, ram etc.?
So the sag seem to be on the front I side corner. Where it drops down to seat against floor. Almost appears to be dropping too far. Not sure how u less the floor is messed up that holds the little track/ramp.

The slide is a cable system with 1 hydraulic cylinder in the center. One 2" tube on front and back of slide that slide in/out of slide.

I did notice the two outside corners must have had some water damage at one point. I need to seal the slide.

The black along the side wall is the black material that is under the carpet, not all rotten wood. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_175416.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	41458Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_175348.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	41459
Old 09-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Danny, I am guessing most slides on a 2001 Keystone product are through the frame mechanical rack & pinion system. Although the Sprinter is a bumper pull the slide out is very similar to ours. Lippert has a video showing how to adjust; problem will be breaking loose the jamb nut and nyloc nut. I attempted to loosen these nuts when I was trying to fix my slide earlier this year. You can't use an air impact gun on them and I gave up but a sturdy wrench and breaker bar perhaps will do it. The OP may not have as much trouble but that is how you adjust the slide. If he is dragging, chances are the seal is not sealing on the inside or outside...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:28 PM   #5
derowe82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Danny, I am guessing most slides on a 2001 Keystone product are through the frame mechanical rack & pinion system. Although the Sprinter is a bumper pull the slide out is very similar to ours. Lippert has a video showing how to adjust; problem will be breaking loose the jamb nut and nyloc nut. I attempted to loosen these nuts when I was trying to fix my slide earlier this year. You can't use an air impact gun on them and I gave up but a sturdy wrench and breaker bar perhaps will do it. The OP may not have as much trouble but that is how you adjust the slide. If he is dragging, chances are the seal is not sealing on the inside or outside...
Thanks @wiredgeorge! I will watch the video and see what I can do. Hopefully something I can manage. Other wise, I will pay a dealer to do it. We are replacing the floor so ripped out the carpet... Was hoping that would clear it up but didn't all the way. Somewhat though.

Here are a couple pics of what I mean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_175401.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	41460Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_175405.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	41461

Tags
slide, slide out