Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
Northwest

Greetings from Washington

Hi I have just purchased a 2021 keystone bullet 211bhswe and pick it up on Friday. I would love if any has any advice for me thanks.
Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
Gary R.

Greetings and welcome!

A really good idea is do a very thorough inspection of the Bullet when you arrive at the dealership to pick it up. Spend a couple of hours, or more, until the sales folks have shown you how to operate every system, and answer all your questions.

Then, after arriving home, try to set it up in the driveway for an overnight "camp out".
It is a lot fun, and will further your knowledge of the trailer.

I'm sure others will chime in soon with more advice.

Have fun and travel safe!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
Northwest

Thank you for the advice
Old 10-11-2021, 05:48 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

You are in for an information download. Make sure your phone battery is fully charged. Video your PDI (pre delivery inspection) and take your time. There is a sticky on the forum with good PDI attached.
Have them show you how to operate EVERYTHING and document with your phone HOW it all works. Do not ASSUME that "every light will work" or "every window will open" or think " that's simple, of course I can figure that out" and start to rush the processin your eagerness to get your new toy home..

They should give you a packet of paperwork that includes the "build sheet" that has every appliance model & serial number written on it, even for the tires. In that bundle of pappers should be the manual and warrenty info on EVERY APPLIANCE in the camper. Take the time to go thru that and verify you have it all. Make them fix things BEFORE you sign off or hitch up and take it home. Once you leave the lot it will be months before you can take it back for warranty work. Remember thay you are the customer. Don’t let them rush you out the door.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #5
Northwest

Thank you I'll try to remember all your advice when I'm at the dealership
Old 10-11-2021, 07:38 AM   #6
travelin texans

Totally agree with Marshall! Don't rush, don't let them rush you & don't sign anything til you are 100% satisfied that everything is as YOU want it to be.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:14 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

I video our PDI and DW takes notes. Years ago they were invaluable. Now I pretty much know what I'm looking at but we still do it for that "what the heck is this" moment.

Look at the roof and don't assume. Some members have had ripples, fasteners etc. trying to come out. Make sure all is well up there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #8
Roper46

Welcome from south Georgia and congrats on your purchase. My youngest daughter lives in Battle Ground Wa.

Excellent advice given ref the PDI. When I picked up my new 5er this past August I spent almost three hours going over everything. Owned a Cougar travel trailer prior to the 5er.

After all that time spent going over what I thought was everything, couple days after I got home I discovered one of the storage door latches would not lock the door. This door was to the convience center and only had one latch. No worries, I adjusted it and it now locks.

Point is you may miss something, but just take your time. Good luck and safe travels to you.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #9
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #10
Northwest

Thank you so much
Old 10-13-2021, 07:20 AM   #11
BandT

Welcome from another member from the Great Northwest! I sure wish we had seen this forum before we had picked up our RV. Our “presenter” was not very knowledgeable about our model, so was not much help. Also being our first RV, we did not know that it was a purchase inspection, we just thought it was a courtesy overview. We would do it completely different now! Good luck, And enjoy, we are!
Old 10-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #12
Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandT View Post
Welcome from another member from the Great Northwest! I sure wish we had seen this forum before we had picked up our RV. Our “presenter” was not very knowledgeable about our model, so was not much help. Also being our first RV, we did not know that it was a purchase inspection, we just thought it was a courtesy overview. We would do it completely different now! Good luck, And enjoy, we are!
Thank you my fellow Northwesterner yeah I think what the other members have told me is going to help a lot when I pick my trailer up Friday. You have to look over a RV before you agree to accepted it
Happy travels
Old 10-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #13
wiredgeorge

Since you will likely have follow up questions, build a signature by click on UserCP with year, make and model of trailer and same for tow vehicle. Will add context to answers to your questions. Also, welcome. A big ticket purchase is always exciting. Lots of good info on this forum.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:03 PM   #14
Northwest

Ok thanks for the help and yes there is a lot of good help on here
Old 10-21-2021, 08:26 AM   #15
drycamper

Congrats

I would suggest overnighting at a campground/RV park, close to dealer, and setting up a time to return the next day, or two. You will have items to deal with, even after dealer walk thru.