Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #21
Bandit12

I spent the first 5 years of my USAF career as a missile security cop at Grand Forks North Dakota. I'm very much aware of how the seasons are in that area. Actually, they aren't much different than what they are here in the town we currently reside in. With one exception. When we were there this past summer, late Aug, early Sep, the lady that owned the campground asked me if we put down an outdoor rug to please pick it up whenever we left camp. She explained they were in the middle of a drought. But where we left in California, we hadn't seen ANY rain since early May. Everything was dried up and brown, a 250K area wildfire was burning in our back yard (Just contained as of a week ago and now over 300K acres) we had been evacuated from our home 2 days prior to our departure for our trip and still hadn't been allowed to return home the day we left. The grass in the campground was nice and lush and green. The air was clear, we got rained on at least twice and had about an inch of hail on the ground the night we got back from visiting Rushmore and an old USAF buddy of mine that lives in Hermosa. After seeing there and living here, I'm ready to move NOW. Unfortunately, my dear wife isn't quite ready to go just yet. Maybe in a year or so. Hopefully less.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #22
wiredgeorge

HOA? Here is my HOA (home owning a-ho):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	posted.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	31051  
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #23
Gunny Mike

Our HOA tried to enforce it but it wasn't enforceable. Met a lot of resistance too. Most of the campers and boats are on the street in the summer time like ours, but then parked in our driveway for the winter time. The HOA does want to put in a parking area but I'm hesitant I would use it if there would be no room for maneuvering. I'm also thinking some of the neighborhood hoodlums might trespass and have a beer and bong party out there.
Gunny Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #24
Northern Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I will refrain from voicing my opinion on Home Owner's ***...
HHOA rules aren't kept secret. If you can't abide by them, find someplace else to live.
Northern Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:58 AM   #25
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Loved seeing the kids in that link. Where we live I wouldn't consider small town as it's a bedroom community of about 12K that's not incorporated but was charted in 1705 I think. It's a lot like living in a small town as the community is bordered by a river, a state park, and a major highway so it "feels" small town isolated. Anyway, seeing the photos in the link reminded me of the many Christmas, Easter, and other parades DW and I watched with our girls marching along as either Girl Scouts, 4 H, church or Ballet troops. We kept them busy for many years, or they kept us busy!
I think Liberty population is around 8,300. It's the county seat. The city was founded in 1831, one of the earliest cities in Texas. Only other cities I can think of that are older is Nacogdoches and maybe St. Augustine. The town was originally laid out by the Mexican government.
My 4th great grandfather, Aaron Cherry, is considered the first Anglo settler in the area. Settled north of town on the Trinity River about 1818.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:29 AM   #26
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaniel View Post
I lived in an HOA with a mix of “cluster” homes with shared driveways and homes with two car driveways. No parking of RVs overnight or “Cynthia” would appear.
We now live in a development of single family dwellings that is an HOA that allows RV parking on our lots (lots are a minimum of a quarter acre. Best move I did.
Good move. The lots in our subdivision are approx 90x180. We're sitting on 2 of them. Have a little more elbow room than a typical subdivision.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:21 AM   #27
dutchmensport

gearhead,
I re-read your original post here, and the more I read it, the confused I've become.

Are you implying you are NOT in favor of your neighbors parking their RV's in their driveways, street, or beside their houses because that is an original HOA violation.

Or are you on the other side saying you see nothing wrong with your neighbors parking their RV's there.

It also sounds like, by parking your camper behind your fence, out-of-site, you are not breaking any original HOA rules. But by parking in front you are, and so you see others parking in front breaking the original rules.

You then chuckle because there is no one to enforce the rules.

Do you want enforcement of the rules?

Again, the more I re-read your statement, the more confused I am with your post? For or against? Enforce or not?

Just an FYI, we lived in a town for 16 years. We had 3 different RV's. After 16 years, we had a letter posted on our door that we were in violation of local zoning by having the camper parked on our property. Long story short ... we moved to a place we can park the RV in our own driveway. It was traumatic at the time, but after 13 years now, we are living in a much, much, much better place now.
Old 12-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #28
gearhead

I just wish they would park their RV either behind their house or beside their house. Best would be behind a fence.