Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
Tony E

How to quiet down a water pump...

Hello all, in In 2018 passport 239 ml I have a flojet water pump (model 035-2614) and it is really loud. We actually just started RV'ing so I didn't notice the difference until we went camping this weekend. The neighbors were parked like 20 feet away from us on both sides and we never heard either of their water pumps pumping during the whole weekend. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and did what they said to do whether it was putting foam around the water lines or filling the box where the water pump sits with foam, etc. I called a local dealer here and he said that it could just be a faulty water pump as it definitely sounds like it is coming from the front and inside the water pump. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there any fixes or do I just have to buy another pump. It pumps great but it is just really really loud. I read somewhere maybe the diaphragm dried out when it was in storage or something. Let me know what you think and thanks for your help as always
Tony E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
Customer1

The most common issue is simply vibration. Mounting on foam can help. Be certain that it has a flexible line on each side and not PEX. You can buy what is called a silencing kit which consists of two flexible lines. Make sure none of the hoses connected to the pump are vibrating against a wall, floor, or even another pipe.

Get rid of all that vibrating and you will find the pump itself is virtually silent.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
Tony E

Thanks for that customer1. I think the problem is inside the pump itself but I tried most of the suggestions that you suggested and nothing changed. Is there any reason that the pump is on the inside of the RV? Its in a little box on the floor beside the bed but all of the hoses goes directly through the floor outside. Why couldn't the pump be outside too in ts own little box? thanks again
Tony E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump