Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #21
Just chillin

Congrats on your new rig, Danny. I’m guessing you’re picking it up from CW Lubbock. You know me and the DW could take it on a test run, just to make sure everything works on it so that it’ll be good to go when you get here.
Just chillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just chillin View Post
Congrats on your new rig, Danny. I’m guessing you’re picking it up from CW Lubbock. You know me and the DW could take it on a test run, just to make sure everything works on it so that it’ll be good to go when you get here.

Thanks Michael!! That is a very generous offer and sounds great! Let me think it over and I'll get back to you...….
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOD View Post
Advertis those take off tires on Craig's list. The farmers love them
Be VERY cautious selling on CL, there's so many scammers on there they need to change the name to "Scammers List", otherwise a good resale source.
DO NOT deal with anyone that claims to be in the military, written with very poor grammar/punctuation & will pay more than you're asking with a cashier's check for a buddy to pickup the item, THAT'S THE BIGGEST SCAM ON CL, I've gotten this on every item I've listed within minutes of posting.. Plus ALWAYS meet at a public parking lot to deliver, NEVER your home.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #24
66joej

Congrats on the HC Danny! Have you thought of getting the tire dealer to give you some value on a trade in for the takeoffs?
As Danny above mentioned it sometimes gets to be more trouble than it's worth when selling online. Up here we use an outfit called "Kijiji" and it's just as bad.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Congrats on the HC Danny! Have you thought of getting the tire dealer to give you some value on a trade in for the takeoffs?
As Danny above mentioned it sometimes gets to be more trouble than it's worth when selling online. Up here we use an outfit called "Kijiji" and it's just as bad.

Thanks! The selling dealer wasn't interested in giving anything for them. We've been thinking about it and will probably just give them to a local fellow that owns a tire shop (good friend) and sells LOTS of used tires. These would be virtually (almost) new and I'm sure he can make something off them (we live in farming country and everyone has multiple trailers of all kinds. I too worry about trying to sell on Craigslist or most any other way. Only sold, tried to sell, items a couple of times in my life and it was always a pain - and that was many years ago = the world has changed a lot since then. I've found that it's much easier to just give stuff away than try to go to the trouble of finding a buyer for abc...for us.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #26
gearhead

Congratulations on the HC! You'll love the difference pulling a 5th.
I've sold tires on my local small town newspaper and just word of mouth. Ranchers like getting a good deal on trailer tires.
If you're looking for a combo W/D, we didn't care too much for a Pinnacle. Our Landmark has a separate closet for W/D and I think I will order individual Magic Chef's from Home Depot. 5 year no deduct warranty for $75.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:13 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Congratulations on the HC! You'll love the difference pulling a 5th.
I've sold tires on my local small town newspaper and just word of mouth. Ranchers like getting a good deal on trailer tires.
If you're looking for a combo W/D, we didn't care too much for a Pinnacle. Our Landmark has a separate closet for W/D and I think I will order individual Magic Chef's from Home Depot. 5 year no deduct warranty for $75.

Thanks Brent. Yeah, I'm torn on those tires. I hate to give away a new set of tires but I just hate to haggle with stuff like that. I like to give things to folks that need/use whatever it is. A retail dealer really isn't doing that. I'm still "chewing" on that.

I spec'd the Splendide stackable washer and dryer. I really wanted a mid profile 5th wheel and had narrowed it down to the Cougar 315rls or the GD Reflection 337rl.....then DW said she wanted a washer and dryer. Found you could only use the combo in the mid profiles, and that they didn't do too well compared to separate units, so, now it's a full profile.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #28
CaptnJohn

Had a. HC before the Montana — washer and dryer up front with no problems. Drove 43 miles from dealer to tire shop for Sailun . Tire shop gave me $30 each. Had 6 point electric auto level but the 5er was 43’ and a bit heavier. Pulled it with an F350 srw diesel. No problem over 2 years and 21k miles.
Good luck

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #29
WA_Marv

Washer dryer

Just an aside. My wife also made a W/D a ‘must have’ until she did the research and we went to a local Camping World to see them in person.
She ultimately decided it wasn’t worth it for the following reasons:
1. They are very small and would only be able to do very small loads. So washing everything would mean an all day multiple load, or every day small loads kind of operation.
2. They pretty much require you to have full hookups to use. Meaning not teally useful if you are boondocking/dry camping.
3. Getting clothes dry mean you need an exterior vented unit otherwise its fog-time in the camper.
4. The are only good on slightly or moderately soiled clothes.
5. Extra weight (you’ve talked about this)
6. Yet another thing that can spring a leak and ruin your day.
7. Especially given #2 above, you are likely to be staying someplace that already has a laundry.

I did read your whole post and I sure hope the W/D turns out to be everything you want it to be.

Marv
WA_Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #30
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks George. I try to do most all cooking outside or make a soup/stew/boil inside if I can't. I seldom fry anything other than bacon . My primary use/need for the outside vent is DW; she loves her crafts and one of them is baking clay. For some reason the smell of the baking clay ingredients combined with the LP gives off "something" that really gets my eyes, lungs and nose. The vent takes it out. I'm hoping the fantastic fan inside of the new one will take that out so I won't miss the stove vent. At home with the electric oven I never notice it; but then the kitchen is bigger than our trailer....
We have the 3731FL. Love the resi/fridge. Although we have the exhaust fan in the m/w over the stove, we had it a year before I knew you needed to open the vent outside for it to fully function.
Anyway, we have the Fantastic Fan in the center of the kitchen ceiling and it vents the cabin very nicely. We also have one in the L/R.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:49 PM   #31
chunker

Wood matches, get some. The cabinet framing is most likely mdf or pressed board wrapped with a paper/vinyl wood grain looking stuff. When, not if, a screw pulls out use the wood match and some wood glue to "tighten up that hole".

Enjoy the new beast.

EDIT Add, when you figure out the mod for the vent please post it. I suspect my new raptor coming will be the same and I cook inside. Hate that smoke detector going off. Oh, don't cook fish inside either.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel