Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
WPWilson

Problems with 2019 30RLS COUGAR

I am having a couple of problems with my 2019 30RLS. I had an appointment at Gander Outdoors in Columbia, MO on 7/30. Today is 8/3 and they haven't even looked at it yet. I have to pick it up 8/7 for a camping trip. Probably will have to fix myself.

One of the waste water valves is leaking. When I take the cap off to attach the hose, I get drenched with sewage. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the fix?

The rear AC will not kick on until it is 8-9 degrees warmer than to setting. This is the ONCOMMAND system. Also, when it does start, it seems like it starts then stumbles for a bit before it will run.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks!
WPWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #2
ChuckS

I’d have installed a clear Valtera coupler at the sewage dump connection with its own gate valve and water wash hook up. It prevents you from getting unexpected dump when taking cap off. Also very good wash out for black and gray tanks.

I’d have also done two things with AC problem before letting dealer touch it...

.... perform an In Command reset of BCM

If problem with AC still persist then I’d remove RJ45 connection at BCM and display and reseat both connections.

I’d have then gone on roof and removed AC cover or covers if two AC units and reseat the RJ45 connectors at both electronic control module boxes on each AC unit.

The In Command talks to the AC units across a CANBUS line and if any connections in the loop are making poor contact this will cause issues.

Also... if this doesn’t resolve hard starting issue with that AC then either start cap is weak or compressor has issues.

YMMV

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
ChuckS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4230.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	23082

Reference for RJ45 connections to reseat on BCM, Display, and ECM units on each AC if more than 1 air conditioner.

Pic from Jensen ASE owners manual via Jensen website.

https://in-command.net/wp-content/up...%282.16%29.pdf

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
Cbrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I’d have installed a clear Valtera coupler at the sewage dump connection with its own gate valve and water wash hook up. It prevents you from getting unexpected dump when taking cap off. Also very good wash out for black and gray tanks.
X2. Not only is it a inexpensive and quick fix, but once you fix the main valve you can just leave it in place for piece of mind.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Sorry but this makes me glad I don’t have to work on the in command system. But in all fairness I bet plenty of techs are glad they don’t have to work on the spyder system.

Just had to put it out there.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Sorry but this makes me glad I don’t have to work on the in command system. But in all fairness I bet plenty of techs are glad they don’t have to work on the spyder system.

Just had to put it out there.
Yea, I'm glad my In Command does not control the HVAC system, the digital thermostat works fine for me
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
GeekSquadOfUn

I have the same issue with my tank valve... I'd like to install this clear additional valve, but my current one is very low and close to the ground as it is, worried the additional one will scrape the ground....
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar