Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
vibetech1

Fender Moulding / Parts List

Hello everyone. We recently had the dreaded tire blowout and in the process lost the plastic moulding on the fender skirt of the kitchen slide out. Has anyone had to replace this or any other part specific to the 2014 3900FB? I've done a few searches but can't find a parts list anywhere. Trekwood's website has a few but not for the kitchen slide. I hate the thought of having to order through a dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I am assuming you lost the plastic fender that attaches to the J wrap/panel? If so, it may be iffy. I looked at the Trekwood site; they had quite a few for the Montanas - none of those would work? I've replaced my fenders multiple times and it is a 2014 as well. Thankfully they were within a short period and under warranty. I bought mine the last day of Feb. and when one went missing in August it had already been "discontinued". They did find one but the wrong color and had to paint - they just got 2 so they would match. You may encounter something like that with yours. I wasn't aware that the fenders were different between the slides???
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It seems unrealistic to think how difficult it is to get plastic RV fender skirts, but as you're finding out, they are not easy to find.

You might want to do a Google search for:"Keystone plastic rv fender skirts" I just did that and found 138,000 results. They range from online trailer supply stores, EBay, Amazon, WalMart and a host of other sources. Possibly you can find the correct fender skirt, but chances are good that you'll need to have it painted.

A suggestion, if you can't find a matching piece, is to buy both sides so they match. Then, realistically, nobody (but you) will ever be "comparing sides to see if they are the same..... I only discovered this year that my trailer, a 2014 model, has decals on both side, but they aren't the same. I noticed the difference when I compared photos of the roadside and the curbside. I can say that as much as I've "looked at my trailer though the years" I never realized how different the two sides really are. I say that to demonstrate that it's extremely unlikely that anyone will ever notice the difference with your trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:29 AM   #4
ChuckS

Give these folks a try....

https://www.icondirect.com/categorie...Fender-Skirts/

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote