Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2016, 08:30 AM   #41
mfifield01

I used mine over the weekend. Works well. I ended up getting new steel stems and the tires balanced before putting them on. That ended up being more than I expected, but I understand that the tires aren't balanced from factory.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #42
TSTGUY

Re: TST Saved Me

Congratulations on saving your rig and keeping everyone safe.

We are glad that our system did its job! It has done so for millions of tire issues that occur every year.

If you ever need any help with your system, do not hesitate to call on us. That is what we are here for.
TSTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #43
mfifield01

I just back from a long trip. Everything with TST worked great except for one incident. I was driving along along the rode and noticed one sensor went blank on the screen. I pulled over and checked pressure manually. Everything was fine. So I turned the monitor off and back on. Then both on the left side of the trailer were not working. I was 30 miles from the park in Marathon, so I just drove on. After getting the trailer to the site, I noticed that they came back on. No problems the next 400 miles.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #44
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
I just back from a long trip. Everything with TST worked great except for one incident. I was driving along along the rode and noticed one sensor went blank on the screen. I pulled over and checked pressure manually. Everything was fine. So I turned the monitor off and back on. Then both on the left side of the trailer were not working. I was 30 miles from the park in Marathon, so I just drove on. After getting the trailer to the site, I noticed that they came back on. No problems the next 400 miles.

I've also been using the TST507 system for three years now.

Every once in a while I'll drop a sensor. If I shut off unit and wait a few and then turn back on usually the sensor comes back up.

Replaced batteries to see if that made any difference but still drop a sensor occasionally. Always the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #45
Larry1013

Dropping of the sensors sometimes has to do with the distance between the sensors and the receiver in the truck along with where you have the receiver located. If TST makes a repeater, I would suggest getting one and mounting on the front of your trailer to help boost the signal.

The fact that the TireMinder comes with a repeater gives me peace of mind that I will receive the signals from the tire sensors. If for some reason I drop a sensor, 95% of the time, it usually turns out the battery in the sensor is weak or dead. I replace the battery and problem is solved.

TireMinder has a free battery program which is nice when you 14 sensors. & on truck, 5 on trailer and two spare sensors. I can get the batteries with new o-rings replaced for a minor postage charge each year.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #46
T11ravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I've also been using the TST507 system for three years now.

Every once in a while I'll drop a sensor. If I shut off unit and wait a few and then turn back on usually the sensor comes back up.

Replaced batteries to see if that made any difference but still drop a sensor occasionally. Always the same one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TST does make a repeater and it's worth it.
I went 2 yrs. without and had the same type of issue as you. Got the repeater last year and now have no more problems.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #47
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by T11ravis View Post
TST does make a repeater and it's worth it.
I went 2 yrs. without and had the same type of issue as you. Got the repeater last year and now have no more problems.
I own the EEZTire product from EEZ RV and it works great. It occasionally looses signal to my rear port side trailer wheel. Come this spring, I'll probably end up buying the repeater. Signal interruptions are common over 40 feet from what I'm reading. Just have to find a good place to hard wire it inside the trailer.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:06 PM   #48
Larry1013

I mounted my repeater next to the battery vent on the front of the trailer. I was able to run the wires through the battery vent to the batteries without the need to drill holes nor splice the wire.

You can see it on the lower right side next to the vent.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #49
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.

I just got my EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitor. Spent several days in studying the various monitoring systems, tough decision for every system there was both positive and negative comments. So I decided on this one. Have not installed them yet but feel very comforted in knowing that I will be safe while traveling down the road.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #50
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySharon View Post
I just got my EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitor. Spent several days in studying the various monitoring systems, tough decision for every system there was both positive and negative comments. So I decided on this one. Have not installed them yet but feel very comforted in knowing that I will be safe while traveling down the road.
My EEZTire kit worked well on it's maiden voyage from Michigan to Orlando, Fl. It's nice to look up and see real time temps and pressures of the trailer tires. You may need the repeater if you occasionally loose signals.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote