Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #41
JRTJH
Site Team

To echo Festus2's comments, there are a number of reasons why you could be experiencing cramping with sustained sitting. It could be caused by the immobility (a nerve pressure problem), it could be an electrolyte imbalance, a lack of blood flow to the area caused either by sitting (compression on the arterial network) or by occlusion from peripheral artery disease (PAD) or it could be the beginning of something that will become a significant health risk. Some are simple to treat, some are much more complex.

I've found that most patients who treat themselves with "home remedies" may find temporary relief, some may even find a "cure", but the vast majority would be better served by discussing the situation with their family healthcare provider and getting to the "bottom of the problem" and treating it rather than ignoring the problem or worse yet, letting it change your lifestyle such that you can't do what you enjoy.

Talk it over with your provider. That's the best place to get healthcare advice !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #42
murphysranch

As a woman, I get lots of cramps in my toes, arch of my foot, and shins. Drives me crazy. I heard about coconut water and now take a couple of gulps every day from those square cardboard cartons. My cramps have slowed down considerably!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
...Again, I would suggest that you seek medical advice from professionals - they are the folks who know (or should know) what they are talking about. There is no sense in soliciting or offering that kind of advice here on the forum - we are not medical professionals - and we should not be offering suggestions about exercises for you to try to "help strengthen this part of the body".
Since "advice" continues to be offered, some of which can be hazardous to some individuals, rather than continue the thread, it will be closed. Any health related issues should be discussed with the appropriate medical professionals. Offering medical advice to an unknown person could be deadly and following the advice of any unknown "purveyor of remedies" could cause serious complications and isn't (or shouldn't be) the intent of the forum or its members.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread