Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
hma9193

Keystone Laredo 292RL

Just put a deposit on a Keystone 292RL 2013... looks very sturdy and well made... was about to purchase a 327CK fWilcat and when I saw the trailer coming from teh manufacturer it had a bunch of serious issues!

Anyway, just wanting to ask kestions about your experience and if anyone has a Keystone Laredo 292RL can share their thoughts.
hma9193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
pressure_welder

wife and I just purchased a 2013 266RL, we love the camper.... although its been back to the dealer twice in the span of two months of owning it, and I just recently spent 3 hrs repairing and re-doing the plumbing inside the main storage compartment outside so be darn sure you take off the wooden panel and take a look at that. Air conditioner destroyed itself the first use, and just some little issues, the crappy stock shower head had a hairline crack and first time using it when my wife turned on the water pressure she got the shower head right in the face, also the dining room table is far to unstable for my liking so that will be something I am going to modify.

Sorry for the blunt words, but our Laredo will be almost identical to yours except for layout so these are just things to watch for.

All in all I think we will love this camper once we fix all these piddly problems. I think the extended warrenty will be a must though.
pressure_welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
yankees1

We have this Laredo and no problems and love it !
yankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
therink

I have a Sydney fiver (very similar to Laredo). There will always be some things needing tweaking, modifying, adjusting, cleaning, etc on almost any new rv. Nature of the industry. Fortunately I am handy and enjoy doing this kind of thing. The first most important thing I did when it was new was go over all caulked seams on roof, sides everywhere and recaulk as was needed to ensure no leaks. Don't count on the factory or dealer to get this right.
Next was to open all panels and inspect, straighten and secure (zip tie) all tangled or loose water lines and wiring.
Next was to arm myself with a roll of foil tape and retape all AC vents where there go through the ceiling and inside the AC plenum.
Next was seal all openings in belly with expandable foam.
I also did a bunch of mods to shelving, shower head, towel racks, coat hooks, etc.
Since then we have enjoyed our Keystone.
I did have a couple warranty items taken are of that were no big deal.
I also had wobbly dining table. I used bench vise to reshape the table tube supports and they fit much tighter now. Not a problem.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
kincaidsatplay

We purchased our 2013 292rl in October so far no real problems. It is a great fit for our truck (the truck has a 4" lift) Two things to remember.... check the driver's side cubbie prior to closing the bed slide (then make sure you let your honey know you are closing the slide so he doesn't open the cubbie as you are walking back around the rig....). And be sure to take the sink covers out and stow them. We lay them on a grippy/puffy type of self liner on the couch and shove them back under the pillow back. No problems, no shifting ever! This will save your inserts from chipping or scuffing up the stainless sink on rough roads. Happy Trails!
kincaidsatplay is offline   Reply With Quote