Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
RangerFred

Under Trailer Spare Tires

Greetings from North Carolina. I think the state is still there, but I have not been out of the house to check for some weeks now.

I have read every entry in every thread regarding moving the spare from the bumper mount to below the trailer. As A result, I have installed "Safety Struts" to provide addition support and resistance to torquing on the 4" box bumper, as I would like to free up space and capacity by moving the spare to below the trailer. Pretty common task I understand.

I have a 2011 Bullet Premiere 28RLPR with the underbelly insulated and sealed with coroplast. The spare is currently mounted on the bumper.

I have the following questions:

- Are there concerns with weakening the frames by drilling them?
- Will I have to remove any of the underbelly treatment?

I have been looking at the BAL Retract-A-Spare and the BAL Hide-A-Spare. I would welcome comments on the suitability of these or other similar products, and comments on where to mount them.

Thank you in advance.
RangerFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires