Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
Miles65

Smile Black AC Shroud in Texas? Get outta town!

Better yet, get outta Texas!

To explain: I just bought a new Springdale 252 RL. Great RV, but I never thought to check out the roof, on the dealer's lot. This is my fifth new RV, in about twenty-five years, so no big deal. I was not thinking that any company would put a black AC shroud on a unit in Texas. When I got home, I tried out the 15K BTU AC. It was having some trouble cooling down the unit. I looked up, on the roof, and, lo and behold, - - - - a black shroud was up there! What??? In Texas 100 degree plus summers?? So, I called Keystone and was told I got an Eastern Edition RV. Hmm, - - - - including Texas as an Eastern State is a BIG stretch, I'd say. So, now I had to order a white shroud. That should help keep the roof internals a bit cooler, but I don't think it'll make a big difference in the air being delivered inside, since that's not how these things are related, as best I understand. Still, I know white is the way to go, so I'm hoping for the best. If any of y'all need a black shroud, I'll be happy to send it to you for exactly what I'm paying for my white one: $151.59. Just PM me and we'll set it up. Hint: Don't be planning on camping in hotter than heck areas!
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow