Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
Wonder05

31qsb Cougar

Anyone have/had one of these?
How’s the bunks sleeping? And roof is the walkable? Any pros/cons I want to hear them all.
Wonder05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
lesleyinky

31qsb Cougar

Assuming you mean Cougar 31sqb...yes, we have one we purchased new 2 years ago. We love it! The roof is walkable but keep in mind there isn’t a ladder on the back you have to use your own.

The bunk room is great! Usually one of our teenage sons prefer to use the cub couch folded out below the bunks and the other two kids take a bunk. They are fine for them to sleep on, but I will admit just as with any camper bunks, they aren’t super thick. The oldest son actually has gotten to where he likes the pull out couch a lot as well.

The most expensive mod we’ve done is adding a second a/c because in our area (Ky) one wasn’t enough and the bunkroom was always too hot.

Overall, we highly recommend this floor plan. The bathroom space cannot be beat!

We’ve done A LOT of mods because we enjoy customizing it. If you purchase this model, feel free to message me and I will share anything you’d want to know more about.
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Wonder05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
Assuming you mean Cougar 31sqb...yes, we have one we purchased new 2 years ago. We love it!
The roof is walkable but keep in mind their isn’t a ladder on the back you have to use your own.

The bunk room is great! Usually one of our teenage sons prefer to use the cub couch folded out below the bunks and the other two kids take a bunk. They are fine for them to sleep on but I will admit just as with any camper bunks, they aren’t super thick. The oldest son actually has gotten to where he likes the pull out couch a lot as well.

Overall, we highly recommend this floorplan. The bathroom space cannot be beat!

We’ve done A LOT of mods because we enjoy customizing it. If you purchase this model feel free to message me and I will share anything you’d want to know more about.

Thanks!

Lol yes that’s what I meant. We have three (6,3 and 1) I want a space they can safely sleep (I worry about falling ) and play.

We will also be with my parents (who get a master ), my husband I are willing to sleep on a tri-fold (I’m not sure the other seats out there lay back so you can recline and sleep) I know my husband would find a recliner just fine (he sometimes chooses ours at home to sleep in due to heartburn)

Yes, the bathroom got my attention.

My father is actually the one looking. They have been wanting my input.

How’s the u dinette? The dealer said a couple of the guys said they didn’t understand them cause the back Seat is skinny.
We like to eat together (probably outside but want to be prepared in case of rain plus we like to play table top games. )

I’d keep the door open maybe add a curtain so it’s easy to peek in on the Littles.

My father’s main concern is the length being too much that it could make it very difficult he wanted to stay under a 35ft trailer (of course the hitch adds )
He has a New 2500HD.

I’m totally interested in your mods. So far I’m like I want to decorate lol light weight like of course.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
lesleyinky

When we purchased ours a couple of years ago we were told they had stopped putting the u-shaped dinette in that model. Perhaps they’ve started making them again or maybe you are looking at an earlier model.

Our sofa is a Tri fold sofa and sleeps well. There are no recliners with this unit but theater seating is something on our next unit list for sure!

The size of the TT suits us and our Ram 2500 pulls it with ease.

Sounds like you have a wonderful crew to make memories with! We have three kids also and camping has been one of the best things we’ve ever done for our family!
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
Wonder05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
When we purchased ours a couple of years ago we were told they had stopped putting the u-shaped dinette in that model. Perhaps they’ve started making them again or maybe you are looking at an earlier model.

Our sofa is a Tri fold sofa and sleeps well. There are no recliners with this unit but theater seating is something on our next unit list for sure!

The size of the TT suits us and our Ram 2500 pulls it with ease.

Sounds like you have a wonderful crew to make memories with! We have three kids also and camping has been one of the best things we’ve ever done for our family!

Thanks! Yup we enjoy all being together.
Yes, it’s a 2013 . I have been trying to get my dad to consider fifth wheels but he’s apprehensive because they are taller (I’m interested because I hear you don’t have to worry about sway really. And it’s easier)

My mom’s concern with length beside turning corners is are you going to fit in a camp site. Not off the grid and timing or anything.
She also is like we are going to be loading it up at (my) your house are we gonna be in the road? Lol I laugh and say well maybe we can finally have a vehicle that’s Ours parked in front of our house for a bit instead of my cousins husbands work van (he just won’t park it in front of their house and even my uncle told him one day to move the d@rn thing! He was like your kidding right you don’t lol ( Who would’ve thought my cousin would one day buy a house right across from ours? That was a surprise)

I Just want us all to be able to safely enjoy our trips together.

Oh man, some teenagers are playing kickball against my house and I just got the Littles to bed! ! I’ll check back later.

Tags
cougar