Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
JBauern

Screen door latch slide

2016 Bullett 269RLS

Hopefully, these pix can be viewed. I took the trailer in for warranty work, and the brush part of the slide, is not hitting the stationary part. The dealer "says" that the stationary side is "cut" properly to length. Right now the , the service department is awaiting "guidance" from Keystone for this discrepancy. Has any one else had the same problem, and what was done, either by yourself, or the dealer, to fix yours?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170811_172632.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	13661   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170811_172617.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	13662  
JBauern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
slow

I had the same issue and solved it by adding a painted aluminum extrusion. I secured it to the two existing horizontal extrusions. It was 1/16" thk material and 1/2"x1/2" in cross section and bought from HD. I cut one leg down to about 3/8" if I recall to "nest into" the screen door assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
JBauern

Thank you. I will see what the stealer ship is told what to do. I must say, tho, I am not too happy with the quality control of this TT.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauern View Post
Thank you. I will see what the stealer ship is told what to do. I must say, tho, I am not too happy with the quality control of this TT.
I doubt the dealer or Keystone will have a fix for this issue. I suspect most owners do not notice or care, so you will be on your own to fix it.

It has taken 3 seasons for me to get our TT to where it should have been from the factory. But I am sure other issues will come up that will need my attention.
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 08-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
Eastham

I have the same issiue. The dealer took the flat piece out and reversed. Ends look good for about a week and is back to the way it was .will fix it like other poster did.other than a few little things i am very happy with the cougar. Have been rv ing since 72 and all the units we had needed something.we just keep on going and dont sweet the little stuff.six months in fla.and six on cape cod.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

The screen door slider is a Lippert supplied component. Just like many OEM components, it's the "cheapest bid" that gets installed. You can buy an upgraded slide for about $10 at Camping World. It's much thicker plastic, doesn't bend and solves the problem "once and for all".. I built my own from 1/8" lexan. I modified our screen door by installing lexan panels from top to bottom (making it a storm door) so we have more light and visibility.

You can let your trailer sit at the dealership, let them play with it and then, as posted above, have it last a couple of weeks and it's bent again, or you can just buy a replacement. Honestly, with the price of gas/diesel, it's probably cheaper to fix it yourself than to tow it back and forth to the dealership.

I know, that's not the "intent of the warranty" but realistically, it's much simpler to just handle it yourself and not go through the frustrations of the dealer/Keystone/warranty.....

Here's the link to one of a number of upgraded replacements: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...slide-set/6293

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
slow

Thanks for the link John. That replacement slide is cheaper than the extrusion and a rattle can of paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #8
JBauern

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The screen door slider is a Lippert supplied component. Just like many OEM components, it's the "cheapest bid" that gets installed. You can buy an upgraded slide for about $10 at Camping World. It's much thicker plastic, doesn't bend and solves the problem "once and for all".. I built my own from 1/8" lexan. I modified our screen door by installing lexan panels from top to bottom (making it a storm door) so we have more light and visibility.

You can let your trailer sit at the dealership, let them play with it and then, as posted above, have it last a couple of weeks and it's bent again, or you can just buy a replacement. Honestly, with the price of gas/diesel, it's probably cheaper to fix it yourself than to tow it back and forth to the dealership.

I know, that's not the "intent of the warranty" but realistically, it's much simpler to just handle it yourself and not go through the frustrations of the dealer/Keystone/warranty.....

Here's the link to one of a number of upgraded replacements: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...slide-set/6293
instead of towing the trailer, I was just going to take the doors off the hinges, and take the doors into the dealer. I don't think that we, as consumers, should pay for the companies warranty stuff. If it was used, ok. but it purchased new, with a warranty .

Tags
screen door, slide