Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
axg1040

New 28sgs owner bedroom TV question.

We just purchased a 2015 Cougar Xlite 28SGS HC and pick it up Tuesday.
Dealer said they would install a bedroom TV for free if we supplied it prior to the PDI. The salesperson told me any 22in TV and bracket would be fine.
The problem I am running into is it seems no one carries 22in TVs. I am finding plenty of 19s and 24s.
Anybody out there with a 28SGS able to let me know what size TV you have in the bedroom and what type of bracket you used??
Thanks!!!
axg1040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
grayghost03

Vizio makes a 22", check sears and walmart, if not, go with the 19" probably not room for the 24"
Old 09-25-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
SkiSmuggs

I just googled "22 inch TV" and found lots of them. Amazon should be good for them.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

We elected not to install a TV in the bedroom in our 27RKS. The 28SGS upper deck floorplan is the same. Our reasoning is that the TV is mounted on the curbside wall, just inside the bedroom forward of the sliding bedroom/hallway door. We think that it will project into the "entryway" of the bedroom and become a "headbanger" every time we walk into the bedroom, especially when the TV is extended to be viewable to the bedroom.

Also, as small as the RV is, the main TV is 6 or 7 feet away. Trying to use both would surely cause "audio problems" for people watching two different channels. We just elected to skip the second TV. Works for us, but something to think about before installing a TV mount in a "high traffic area" like the bedroom doorway.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #5
XLite28SGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We elected not to install a TV in the bedroom in our 27RKS. The 28SGS upper deck floorplan is the same. Our reasoning is that the TV is mounted on the curbside wall, just inside the bedroom forward of the sliding bedroom/hallway door. We think that it will project into the "entryway" of the bedroom and become a "headbanger" every time we walk into the bedroom, especially when the TV is extended to be viewable to the bedroom.

Also, as small as the RV is, the main TV is 6 or 7 feet away. Trying to use both would surely cause "audio problems" for people watching two different channels. We just elected to skip the second TV. Works for us, but something to think about before installing a TV mount in a "high traffic area" like the bedroom doorway.
X2 - Did a mock-up with a 19" (from the house) and desided not to install
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD EC DMax/Ally, 3.73 gear 4x4
XLite28SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:53 AM   #6
outwest

I found a lightweight bracket for installing in ours on monoprice.com Some of the brackets are very heavy steel, others are lighter weight aluminum.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
axg1040

Thanks for the replies. Hit all the local stores and the choices for 22" TVs were slim. Ended up going with a 20" and swing arm bracket to match. I am sure when it is in the out position it would be in way when you enter the room. Will just need to be carefull.
axg1040 is offline   Reply With Quote