Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2019, 08:39 AM   #21
S&D--Forever

Sail switch failure

Our 2019 Cougar had a Sail Switch failure. Dealer said it’s a huge issue and may turn into a recall issue. Had the same symptoms that you are experiencing. Good luck.
S&D--Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #22
fordmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm going to throw this out with absolutely NO proof that it might have happened, but....

If there was a trailer that the dealer was trying to get ready for delivery or if there was an angry customer sitting in the sales room (making new customers uncomfortable by complaining too loudly) the dealership may have taken the control board from your trailer to install in the angry customer's trailer and then "forgot to replace it when the new one came in" or they may have even completely forgotten to order a replacement and when they delivered your trailer, never even checked to see if the furnace worked (summer time delivery) and no documentation that the control board had been removed.....

So, you wound up with a furnace missing parts that were cannibalized for another trailer and never replaced.....

As I said, it's not what "did" happen, but what "may have" happened.... In any case, it's not what "should have happened" !!!!!
That’s a real possibility. I was a tech at a ford dealership. If we had a warranty concern for a vehicle and needed a part that was going to take a while to get, wed rob one from a vehicle sales lot. So if they were trying to fix a trailer with a problem, that unit may have been the source of a “known good part”.
fordmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #23
skmct

I have had problems along way from home. Airconditioer replaced and so on. I have had very good luck with Mobil rv service people. The air conditioner and other things have been replaced or repaired and covered by the warranty. You just have to be sure they are reps for the product manufacturer. You will also have to pay their service call fee which as ranged from fifty to one hundred bucks.I think it's well worth the price. They come to you right where you sit. I am not pushing any one service but it has been hassle free for me.me
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #24
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&D--Forever View Post
Our 2019 Cougar had a Sail Switch failure. Dealer said it’s a huge issue and may turn into a recall issue. Had the same symptoms that you are experiencing. Good luck.
If your sail switch is fouled with construction debris (sawdust, styro), you will get the same behavior -- the fan will come on for 30 seconds or so and then just shut off again. This happened to our own 2019 Cougar shortly after purchase, and took the dealer forever to repair (waiting for warranty authorization among other delays).
Old 08-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #25
Laredo250RL

I have bought a few trailers out of state. I have found an RV Repair place that is not a dealer and who will work with the Factory for warranty repairs. Way more convenient (closer to home) and more attention to my work. The factory works with this repair shop because they do not sell RV's, so there is no sales competition or conflict. Just offering as a possibility vs. going to your local Keystone dealer who may not want to work on your rig purchased in another state.
Laredo250RL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace