Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Jno14

2018 25RES - Issues

Brand new 5th Wheel owner, but long time trailer camper...

1. I'm REALLY disappointed that I have to crawl on the ground to pull the dump valves...They are tucked so far up that there is no other way to pull them. Really looking forward to doing that at the dump station...

2. Probably my problem, but can't get the TV sound to play through the stereo speakers like I could in my other trailers. I'm sure I am missing something, but I have tried multiple outlets to glean pearls of wisdom, and nothing seems to want to do the trick.

3. Like the dump valves, I have to crawl on the ground to get to the fresh water tank drain...A problem I can easily remedy, but don't feel like it was necessary to make it so difficult.

Have been staring at this beauty in the driveway all winter and have yet to use it, but as I prepare, these are just a few of my takeaways that I'm not thrilled with. The upside is the 100 things I am looking forward to having!!!
Jno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Tinner12002

All of mine are in behind the skirting near the frame. I purchased 3 black water fill lockable doors, cut the water fill part off the back giving me a completely open 6x6 area and installed them in my skirting inline with the valves. They allow me to reach through to open them, much easier than standing on my head to get to them. They look factory and blend in with the color of the skirt.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #3
BigTexRex

I've helped a couple of people get the TV sound through the stereo speakers. You need to know if the audio cables are hooked up from the TV to your stereo. Read all the manuals very carefully and check out all cable connections. Most of the audio issues are either the audio cables were not connected from the factory or you need to press the right button on the sound system to activate sound from the TV.
BigTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:39 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

When I have my slide out, I can get to the front black and gray tank levers OK as they are forward of the slide. The galley grey tank requires crawling under the RV and that ain't dignified for a guy my age hehe Anyway, Valterra sells waste valve extensions in various lengths as well as a cable actuated dump valve in both 3 and 1 1/2 inch varieties. The cable is apparently adjustable as it comes 72" length. The dump valve extensions come in a couple lengths. I used an extension on my galley tank and it allows me to hunch over and pull it rather than slide under the trailer.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
dblanch57

Some people have made a handle to reach under the rig and pull the handles.

I have used one of these with the ends bent over.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rome-s-41...ries/462770934

2020 Ford F250 Crewcab 4x4 6.2L
2017 Passport Elite 31RE
DW & Me
<+><
dblanch57 is offline   Reply With Quote