Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
kdgarnham

Leveling gear

I have a 2010 3912 Keystone 5th wheel and the landing/leveling motor just clicks when I use the toggle extend or retract. I don't know if it's the battery or a faulty motor. I live in the unit so the leveling arms or whatever they are called have been down for over a year.
kdgarnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Are you referring to the two front landing jacks or the other levelling jacks on the rear and/or mid corners? The front two are for lowering or raising the front of the fifth wheel and the others are for levelling the unit after it has been raised or lowered to the proper height.

The landing jacks and slides require a fully-charged battery to work properly. The clicking may be a result of the jacks having reached their full extension or retraction and you are trying to over-extend their reach.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
kdgarnham

rear jacks

Thanks for the input.
I was referring to the rear jacks/levelers. They are not at the max extension. I get the same clicking when I want to retract. That's what makes me think it's the motor but then again there is power to the motor it's just not enough to retract or extend.
kdgarnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 AM   #4
Mopar madman

Might just be frozen up. Try using the crank handle to manually move the screw to break it free. Hopefully that will work.

Jeff & Theresa Barsotti

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab Laramie SLT
2011 Keystone Laredo 265 RL
Mopar madman is offline   Reply With Quote