Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
hendog

another happy retreat owner

why can't they make the floor of the retreat more stable?according to the posts on this site they have had problems with the floor sagging since at least since 2010.i can't believe they don't know they have a problem or perhaps they don't care.i think they hope you don't notice untill you take delivery and then tell you, oh,they're all that way,dammit ,if they're all that way why don't you build them right the first time.i paid a lot of money for this trailer and am very dissapointed. buyer beware
hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Terrydactile

Passports have had floor problems too. Mine has sagging, weak floors. I've had to brace them up in several places.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
badge4

We have had our 2011 Retreat 39FDEN sine June of 2010 and have had no problems with the floor so far. If you have it at a permanent site such as we do it may very well be caused by a need for additional blocking which we had to do. Its solid as a rock now.
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
jkghdrider

RE:

We have the 39FDEN Model as well in a permanent site... 5 sets of blocks per side equally spaced & the floor has creaked since day one... Dealer told us it would go away, although I didn't believe them & knew I would deal with it myself someday.. Next week, vacation at the camper & I will get under there & add some extra support... That creak will be gone & hopefully so will the weak floor, providing a tank or something else is not in the way of adding additional support and or bracing..

jkghdrider
jkghdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
badge4

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
badge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Stella

jkghdrider

curious to know have you checked the corners of your retreat to see if they are leaking in the A frame slide out?? I and several others have had leaking problems the slide out floor has been replaced, the seams caulked and within a couple of months its leaking again. ours is a 2012 retreat.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote