Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
BigCajun

Combi Cam

Has anyone else installed Combi-Cams to baggage doors? Company stated that they fit RV's and according to their guidelines, I ordered 7/8 size, but cannot get the right fit. If you have experience with these, please let me know how you made them work. If I send them back, I eat the shipping and if I reorder, I pay it again. I did contact the manufacturer and they were not much help.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
mhs4771

I put them on our Montana with no problem, feel more secure than with the OEM locks that can be opened with any 751 key. Thought about just changing to new locks, but would have needed multiple keys to get into the storage compartments, real PITA. The Combi-Cam locks do need some lube, WD40 of something similar as they will get gummed up, even with the covers.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #3
BigCajun

What size did you use, 5/8 or 7/8? Did you have any issues getting the right fit?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Str8shooter

When I learned every other camper used the 751 key for their cargo/basement doors and you can easily buy the key, I installed the Combi Cam locks. The 7/8 inch lock worked for me but one cargo door and the gen door located under the bedroom of the 5'er needs 1 1/8 inch locks.

For the large basement double doors on the entry side of the camper I used two Combi Cam locks, replacing the thumb latch lock near the bottom of the door. Makes the double doors slightly more secure. We all know however, if someone wants in there isn't much stopping them.

Good luck!

Rick & Carol
16k Pullrite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote