Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #21
Ken / Claudia

Sorry about that bridge fire. I asked them not to lit it until you got past. Some guys just do not follow orders.
On a serious note seems we are in the fire season and have them popping up around Oregon and Washington.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #22
nellie1289

Unless you are planning to drive to the Willamette valley every day there are no wineries on the coast. Suggest you stay somewhere in the yamhill county area. Try champoeg park. If you want to go further south go to the Medford area and stay at rogue valley state park 15 minutes from there to the Applegate winery area. Another solid bet is twin Rivers park and go to the Umpqua valley winery area. The coast is not where you go for wine. I would also recommend the Yakima walla walla area as others have suggested.

Ps nothing wrong with America now. Haven't you heard Trump is president. MAGA!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #23
GMcKenzie

So, the ups and downs. Yeah, looks like a traffic accident caused the fire. Not the bridge itself, but the ramp to it.

Ellensberg. Nice campsite, but nothing really to see there.

Fort Stevens. Awesome campsite except for the mosquitoes. Would recommend to anyone. Nice beach, lots of trails for biking and lots of neat places to eat. Really enjoyed our time their. Bit of a rough road getting there and the table was knocked over when we got there.
Fixed the table (more on that later) and had a great time. Drove to Cannon beach and saw the sights between them.

Got into South Beach to find out the screws I used to fix the table were too long and I've ruined my linoleum. Gotta fix that now. Ended up sitting under the slide out and cutting the screws down.

South Beach was okay. No sewer sites, a horn that goes off constantly but far less bugs. Went as far as Florence.

Wenatchee. Ever wonder what park rules would look like if a lawyer wrote them? Well, look no further than the pages of rules for the Wenatchee County RV park. But a real nice park none the less. Did Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. Finally hit some wineries.

Got home to find out the house had been broken into. Wedding rings, some cheap jewellery and my Sonos system are gone, so it could have been lots worse. Had the cops through and now it's time to deal with Insurance. Not sure I have jewellery coverage.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote