Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 01:04 AM   #1
Rhino51

Fuzion chrome 345 awning angle...

Hello all,
When we were looking at our new TH, we asked about changing the pitch of the awnings as they come straight out. The saleskid we asked said it was possible by pulling down on the one arm, but we aren't having any luck. We pull down where he told us and there's no way to keep the awnings in the desired position.

Am I missing something?? There are many times we would like to adjust the awnings for various reasons as yall know.

Thank you!
ER
Rhino51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
ncbound123

If the awning arms are like the ones on our 395, there are push pins on the arms that allow the arms to pull in and adjust the angle of the pitch. It took me almost 6 months to find them and once I did, it made it a lot better. Just look for a little silver tip on the arm and push it in and then the arm can slide toward the camper and bring the pitch down. I hope this helps.
The finer things in life.
ncbound123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino51 View Post
Hello all,
When we were looking at our new TH, we asked about changing the pitch of the awnings as they come straight out. The saleskid we asked said it was possible by pulling down on the one arm, but we aren't having any luck. We pull down where he told us and there's no way to keep the awnings in the desired position.

Am I missing something?? There are many times we would like to adjust the awnings for various reasons as yall know.

Thank you!
ER
Without knowing what awning you have, it's not easy to give you a firm answer. My awning has a pair of locking screws with black knobs, one on each arm. Normally, they should be loose enough to let the arms slide about when opening and closing the awning. Once extended, they are tightened up to hold the awning in place. There's a long slot in each arm allowing for some angle adjustment; loosen the knob, change the angle of that side of the awning, and re-tighten. It's handy for setting the awning in rain position.

Or, as ncbound123 offered, you may have the push pin adjustment system. If neither of these suggestions is correct, then perhaps posting a pic would allow us to properly answer your question.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:52 AM   #4
roadglide

If you got a manual for the awning it explanes the technique . Im sure your awning has this feature to allow water to run off either side.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino51 View Post
Hello all,

Thank you!
ER

I have the same rig, when the awning is closed against the trailer, look at the arm and see one pin on each arm. Push the pin in and pull the awning arm down or up which ever you prefer. You can set it so its angled high or low left or right. If you need a photo demo let me know, I am camping now.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
skidooxman

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	9374

Push that silver button on the right and pull the handle on the bottom of the awning down.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:11 AM   #7
Rhino51

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Attachment 9374

Push that silver button on the right and pull the handle on the bottom of the awning down.
Thanks a lot skidooxman!! Now it looks as they should.
I really appreciate everyone's input!
Rhino51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #8
skidooxman

Campground wifi was horrible, I'm glad it finally uploaded
Old 09-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #9
Rdowns

I was told by our Sales guy to NEVER close the awning while it is in a different position than flat, that it must be flat for it to close and open correctly. Which on the other hand makes it extremely difficult to adjust them while they are 10 to 11 feet off of the ground standing on a camping chair trying to reach them...

But seeing the other picture and comments in the forums it looks as though you CAN adjust it while it is closed and then it will be good to go???
Rdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
cw3jason

Just a note on that type of awning. I had the same one on my other trailer. It's made by Carefree of Colorado. Never adjust one side more than 3 holes different from the other...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #11
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdowns View Post
I was told by our Sales guy to NEVER close the awning while it is in a different position than flat, that it must be flat for it to close and open correctly. Which on the other hand makes it extremely difficult to adjust them while they are 10 to 11 feet off of the ground standing on a camping chair trying to reach them...

But seeing the other picture and comments in the forums it looks as though you CAN adjust it while it is closed and then it will be good to go???
Its very difficult to adjust it while it is open. When the awning is closed there is no tension on it and adjusts very easily. I called the company and they said the awning can be closed in any position but both sides should be at the same hole.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:57 AM   #12
gtsum2

I adjust mine when it is almost closed. Manual states to not have more than two hole difference in the adjustment holes when closing it. I have both awnings one hole different so it drains to the rear and front (each awning) and keep it like that when retracted
Old 09-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #13
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
I adjust mine when it is almost closed. Manual states to not have more than two hole difference in the adjustment holes when closing it. I have both awnings one hole different so it drains to the rear and front (each awning) and keep it like that when retracted
Hey off topic, @GTSUM2: Does you fridge work with no issues while driving down the road? My 2016 345 Chrome warms up. I noticed there was not a baffle on the top of the fridge, not sure if its related. The dealer cannot find a cause.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #14
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Hey off topic, @GTSUM2: Does you fridge work with no issues while driving down the road? My 2016 345 Chrome warms up. I noticed there was not a baffle on the top of the fridge, not sure if its related. The dealer cannot find a cause.
I leave mine on auto all the time and it switches from power source seamlessly. Works good on the road on propane. Not sure what you mean by baffle on top of the fridge?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #15
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
I leave mine on auto all the time and it switches from power source seamlessly. Works good on the road on propane. Not sure what you mean by baffle on top of the fridge?
If you open the top vent on the outside slide, I was able to see the top of my fridge area. There is supposed to be a baffle that angles the heat out the top vent
Old 09-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #16
gtsum2

I honestly didn't pay any attention when I had the covers off to put insect screens in the vents. Next time I use it I will take a look. Will be next weekend