Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
Zapper

On A Positive Note!

We are in Fort Morgan, Al, on our first extended stay (30 days) trip with our 2015 Fuzion 325. I have read of so many problems people have with their RVs initial outings, just wanted to say, while knocking on wood, we've not had a single issue. Everything works as it should, when it should and we've received a many "nice rig" compliments on our Fuzion. We have endured a couple very hairy storms just fine.
The only negativity to the trip so far is we're camped across Mobile Bay from where the Dauphin Island Regatta tragedy happened this past Saturday. As I type the Coast Guard helicopters and boats are still cruising the shorelines, continuing the search and rescue for the final 3 missing boaters. What a relentless group of men and women the Coast Guard is made up of.
Prayers for the families of the 4 dead and 3 still missing boaters.

2015 3500HD DRW LTZ Durmax/Allison
2015 Fuzion 325 Onyx with Monster Pack
Reese 20K slider
Zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Desert185

We've been lucky with our rig, too. Great fun. Just had a good week in the desert quadding to old mines and ghost towns.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
ri_truck_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
As I type the Coast Guard helicopters and boats are still cruising the shorelines, continuing the search and rescue for the final 3 missing boaters. What a relentless group of men and women the Coast Guard is made up of.
As a 35 year, and still active, member of the Coast Guard, thanks on behalf of all my shipmates. We are a relentless bunch, but there's nothing else we'd rather do.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

You know, camping in a RV is a positive experience in my opinion. We've had issues with ours but nothing catastrophic and certainly nothing that ruins our time in it. As I sit here in FL about to start our 2nd month I pinch myself thinking about how great it is. Before I bought the RV I was just going to rent a place here (to be near the kids since they moved here) for a couple of months a year. What we wanted was 4k a month...couldn't see it. Now I've got the best of both worlds and I can go lots of other places too; come back to a cool (or warm) house and have a good time. Here we eat fresh seafood from the boats until you're going to pop; then head to CO and fish till my arms are numb and eat trout 'til you're going to pop. Nope, it IS a very positive experience.....except all the eating makes me look more like a beach ball now

It's sad to hear about the accident on Dauphin Island. We were there a couple of months ago and it was sure nice (another positive experience).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
GaryWT

Good to hear when things go right.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
gtsum2

Always glad to hear things work as they should. My 345 is working fine aside from a backup camera that doesn't work....very minor IMO and certainly not like some horror stories you sometimes hear

Sounds like getting the fuzion was perfect for your situation. Fresh seafood and close to family and then fishing in Colorado?? Can't get much better than that!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 AM   #7
notanlines

Zapper, congrat's on your extended trip. I'll bet y'all are having a big time. Might I suggest the Tin Top Restaurant on Bon Secour Road, just a couple of miles west of Highway 59. Many, many good restaurants in your area and this is one of the best.....Wolf Bay in Foley is right up there also.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:56 AM   #8
bsmith0404

Glad all is going well. We can't wait to be able to get out in our Alpine like that. Right now it's all about finding time in the kids schedules where we can get away for a week or even a long weekend. The worst part for me is we retired in southern NM. I love the weather down here day to day, but hate the camping. I enjoy a nice lakeside site where I can wake up in the morning, get a cup of coffee, watch the fish jump and listen to the loons. I'm a long way away from that! Oh well, only a few more years with crumb snatchers...well actually wallet drainers now. Then the DW and I can hit the road and not have to worry about baseball, or volleyball, or cheerleading, or cross country, or........the list is never ending.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote