Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Rudeswoman

Smile 2014 Keystone Hideout

Hello, I am new to this page. We just purchased a new 2014 Keystone Hideout 28BHSWE. I was wondering about the speakers on the TV. Is there a way to use only the TV speakers? As it is now, the sound comes only from the speakers in the ceiling. I would like the option of using this speakers in the ceiling OR just using the standard tv speakers. Does anyone know if this is possible?? Thank you!!
Rudeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Look behind your TV, you should see a phone plug along with the DVD player plugs. Just unplug the phone plug (it's in the headphone jack) and you should be able to listen to audio from your TV speakers.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
Rudeswoman

Keystone Hideout tv speakers

I will give that a try, thank you very much!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

On some TV's there is a "menu item" to turn the TV speakers on or off. Most of the TV's that Keystone installs aren't that "sophisticated" but some are. If it won't work, look at the audio portion of your TV menu for additional settings. To the best of my knowledge, all of the TV's installed by Keystone have speakers and are functional as a "stand alone" unit, so they will work, probably as I first described, but the dealer, when he set up your RV, may have turned them off at the TV menu.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Rudeswoman

Ok I tried both of your suggestions . What I found is that the tv is able to use the tv speakers only if your watching standard tv, BUT if your watching a DVD the sound has to go through the trailer speakers in the ceiling. Could I be missing something? . Thanks a million to whoever can set me straight!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
dandjh1958

If you are using the DVD player, the unit isn't hooked into the TV as an audio output source, it's hooked to the ceiling/outdoor speakers.

TV uses it's own speakers if you are just using the TV to watch the incoming cable/sat signal.

We like DVDs playing on the ceiling speakers so we haven't rewired.

We have a 2012 Hideout.
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
greengiant

We spent a lot of time reading the manuals and changing settings, but in the end found out what you have found: if you want to watch a dvd, the sound only can come from the stereo speakers, not the tv (no audio inputs I think was the problem).

To skirt around this, we happen to have an extra travel dvd player, the kind you watch in the car. The simple answer is that I leave that tiny dvd player in the TT and when I don't want to hear the theme song to Dora The Explorer for the 97th time, I have a set of AV cables (red, yellow, white) that I keep plugged into the tv (input 2), and I just feed that portable dvd into the tv. Just swivel the TV around to the bed and let them watch it there with the sound coming out of the tv only.

We also watched a movie outside last weekend, by just moving the tv, portable dvd, and av cables outside.
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #8
Rudeswoman

@ Greengiant - that is a great idea to use a portable DVD player!! Thanks everyone for the info!! This forum is awesome!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
tech740

With our 2920bh we put in the DVD. Turn off all the speakers for the stereo. And turn up the DVD volume knob. Then we use the tv speakers. Seems that the tv gets Audio from the head unit but you don't know it unless the stereo speakers are off. My big gripe is I can't control the DVD player from the bedroom

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote