Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
rgnmgr

Bullet 272BHS manual slide location?

Can anyone tell me where to locate the manual slide on our new Bullet 272BHS? It has an enclosed underbelly. One generic video shows cutting the underbelly covering to locate the manual slide location. Our dealer was not able to address this specifically on our walk thru.

Also wanting to locate the specific model number on our furnace but do not see an access point for the furnace.
Thanx
rgnmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you look on the I Beam directly across from the slide, you will probably find a small 1" hole with a rod sticking through it. This rod is where you attach the socket to manually open or close your slide if the motor fails. If you don't find that hole, then your slide motor and the backup ratcheting rod are located inside the coroplast belly covering. Remove a couple of the screws that hold the coroplast to the I Beam and peek inside to locate the motor. Once you know where the motor is located, you'll need to cut a "U" shaped opening once you find the motor (usually in line with the rear slideout beam). Cut the U so the "hinge side" is toward the front of the RV. Fold the coroplast down using the uncut side as a hinge. Once you're finished and ready to reseal the coroplast, you can either use screws and small pieces of 1x2" framing lumber to screw into or you can use gorilla tape to simply reseal the cuts. If you use gorilla tape, make sure you clean the coroplast with alcohol first so it will adhere well.

As for the furnace, in your owner's packet there should be a yellow sheet (called a build sheet) with all the information about what is installed in your RV by model and serial number. It will also include the tires, axles and any other important information you'd need to refer to when talking with the dealer or Keystone. If you can't find that sheet, your furnace is located under the refrigerator behind the slatted panel. There are 4 #2 square drive screws that hold the panel in place, remove them, slide the panel off its mount and with a flashlight you can find the identification sticker for the furnace on the side of the air exchange box.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
rgnmgr

Bullet 272 BHS slideout

Great info. .
My info packet did not include a build sheet. I'll ask my dealer if they can supply.
rgnmgr is offline   Reply With Quote