Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Janniert

2013 Cougar HC Base Trim -question

I'm attaching a picture by the kitchen slide-out. No baseboard moulding trim. Next to bathroom door, and there is baseboard moulding trim. My question is, did they forget to add the trim, if anyone has 319 RLS,, please check it out and let me know.... Is there a way of fixing it by buying and adding trim ourselves or do you think it is a dealer issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	3526  

Sanibel and Tiva, our camping girls
Janniert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Whoops! Looks like somebody forgot to add the trim. If you are close to your dealer and have confidence that they will attend to this and get it done well and in a timely manner, this might be the best option since it is probably still under warranty.

If, however, you are a long distance away from your dealer and you are handy with this type of repair, then it might be quicker and easier for you just to do it yourself. Finding the matching moldings/trim might be a problem but there is such a wide variety available, you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding something to match.

Quite often, members sometimes find that doing these kinds of small and fairly simple repairs is better done by yourself. At least you know it will be done properly and you won't have to wait weeks to get it repaired.

I wouldn't bother contacting Keystone as they will just refer you to the dealer.

Let us know how you make out with this item.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
billb800si

Pretty much agree with Festus2 on this. You may want to contact your dealer and see about them just shipping the part to you and you install it (if they are far away).
Just bought a 2014 trailer and when I got home the keys didn't work the lock. Called them and they offered to pay my fuel charge ($64) to return to their location. I told them I could drive to their other location (which was closer to me) no charge. Just give me a new lock & key. I changed it out on the driveway and was gone in 30 minutes.

Be polite and courteous - it helps.
Happy trails,'

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
allmi01

I have 318RLS also and I do not have any trim on the passenger side between the entry door and the slide out. Actuall anywhere on that wall going to the bedroom. Looks like they planned it taht way however I don;t have the sloppy bottom edge ou have. Mine is clean and sharp all the way to the floor.