Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #41
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Fellows, I think we have hit that proverbial "brick wall" . When you think you know what you just don't know, well......
Seen two guy on Lone Star Law this week that fit the bill to a tee.... Got caught on video climbing the neighbor fence to set up a feeder and then augured with the warden that it just ain't right... why is it illegal... that don't make no sense...

The law is written real plain... you just got to figure out which part pertains to you and which part don't... but it helps if you read past the first two sentences.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #42
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
Still goes back to registered weight. Pa says the manufacturers gvwr is the sum of the axle weights
Pa law... ain't what you was trying to teach me...
Old 09-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #43
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Somewhere I must have missed your source document. I rechecked every post in this thread and still can't find where you posted a link to the "black and white statement from Ford, GM or RAM where they say it's OK to ignore the GVW as long as you're under the RAWR... Could you do me a favor and repost that link to the document?
We seem to be having a communication issue here.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #44
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Pa law... ain't what you was trying to teach me...
Still trying to figure out why theres a section on voluntary additional weight. Im personally glad that there are people who do more than just regurgitate what theyve read on one rv forum or another. Just because you heard it on the internet doesnt make it true.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Still goes back to registered weight. Pa says the manufacturers gvwr is the sum of the axle weights
Are you suggesting (or flat out saying) that PA establishes Texas vehicle laws ?????

If what you posted were true, then my 2015 F250, which has a FAWR of 5200 and a RAWR of 6100 would have a GVW of 11300 and Ford made a SIGNIFICANT error on the GVWR on my truck ??? They certified it with a GVWR of 10000 not 11300.

If you can provide the link to the document where you found this information, we can all "join in on owning Ford" for their misrepresentation of vehicle capacity. It would go all the way back to, at least 1993 when I bought my first Ford 3/4 ton truck...

On the other hand, if you can't/won't provide the link to your source document, then it's just another "urban legend found on the internet".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #46
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Are you suggesting (or flat out saying) that PA establishes Texas vehicle laws ?????
No, im saying that gvwr is open to interpretation depending on whos making the laws.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
We seem to be having a communication issue here.
The communication problem is that you obviously don't understand how to post a link to a source document.... Post it and the communication will be substantiated. Otherwise..... just another meaningless post with no way to verify the contents, even with Snopes.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #48
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
The communication problem is that you obviously don't understand how to post a link to a source document.... Post it and the communication will be substantiated. Otherwise..... just another meaningless post with no way to verify the contents, even with Snopes.....
Are you serious right now? If the manufacturer says its ok they open themselves up to liability. Youre just being daft now
Old 09-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Are you serious right now? If the manufacturer says its ok they open themselves up to liability. Youre just being daft now
Where's your link to the document that supports any of your statements ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #50
Javi

Quote:
Still trying to figure out why theres a section on voluntary additional weight. Im personally glad that there are people who do more than just regurgitate what theyve read on one rv forum or another. Just because you heard it on the internet doesnt make it true.
Voluntary Additional Weight

Voluntary additional weight must be purchased in the county of the owner's residence(unless apprehended).

A registrant is required to provide proof of payment of Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) when a vehicle weight is voluntarily increased to 55,000 lbs. or more during a registration year.

Incorrect Gross Weight (Apprehension)

Any person transporting a load greater than the weight for which the vehicle is registered must, when apprehended, purchase additional registration at the nearest county tax assessor-collector's office to increase the gross registration weight equal to the apprehended load weight.

If the gross weight of the vehicle at the time of apprehension is in excess of the maximum legal load limit, then the amount of the additional weight which can be issued is only that which brings the weight of the vehicle up to the legal load limit.

For example, a vehicle registered at 54,000 lbs. is apprehended with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 64,000 lbs. However, the legal GVW for the vehicle is 60,000 lbs.; therefore, the vehicle weight can only be increased by 6,000 lbs. (to 60,000 lbs.).

In some instances, movement of the vehicle is held until the gross weight is lowered to comply with the maximum authorized by law. The enforcement officer usually advises the operator or tax assessor-collector of the weight decrease needed.

• An apprehension occurs when an enforcement officer issues a citation for a
registration violation.

Are you talking about this clause... Seem pretty much self-explanatory

If not... then post the exact clause you're talking about and I'll help you understand.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #51
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

Are you saying you are privy to the "insider" knowledge of all the engineering limits established for their vehicles and these "supposed" cushions....and all regulatory agencies know and agree with it or.....? So far in all your assertions you've not provided one single document to support your comments in all of them you've made across various threads. Without that it's just more internet "static".
Old 09-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #52
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Voluntary Additional Weight

Voluntary additional weight must be purchased in the county of the owner's residence(unless apprehended).

A registrant is required to provide proof of payment of Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) when a vehicle weight is voluntarily increased to 55,000 lbs. or more during a registration year.

Incorrect Gross Weight (Apprehension)

Any person transporting a load greater than the weight for which the vehicle is registered must, when apprehended, purchase additional registration at the nearest county tax assessor-collector's office to increase the gross registration weight equal to the apprehended load weight.

If the gross weight of the vehicle at the time of apprehension is in excess of the maximum legal load limit, then the amount of the additional weight which can be issued is only that which brings the weight of the vehicle up to the legal load limit.

For example, a vehicle registered at 54,000 lbs. is apprehended with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 64,000 lbs. However, the legal GVW for the vehicle is 60,000 lbs.; therefore, the vehicle weight can only be increased by 6,000 lbs. (to 60,000 lbs.).

In some instances, movement of the vehicle is held until the gross weight is lowered to comply with the maximum authorized by law. The enforcement officer usually advises the operator or tax assessor-collector of the weight decrease needed.

• An apprehension occurs when an enforcement officer issues a citation for a
registration violation.

Are you talking about this clause... Seem pretty much self-explanatory

If not... then post the exact clause you're talking about and I'll help you understand.
Didnt read that part. Good thing im not registered for texas.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #53
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Are you saying you are privy to the "insider" knowledge of all the engineering limits established for their vehicles and these "supposed" cushions....and all regulatory agencies know and agree with it or.....? So far in all your assertions you've not provided one single document to support your comments in all of them you've made across various threads. Without that it's just more internet "static".
I cant understand how you can be this dense. This is the last time ill be addressing you.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #54
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
I cant understand how you can be this dense. This is the last time ill be addressing you.

That's probably a good thing. Because someone says/believes something, without any substantiation from anything, anywhere is simply a figment of their imagination. Until you post documentation of what you say, which you've failed to do in every thread, I suppose I'm not dense....just waiting.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #55
CWtheMan

Quote:
No, im saying that gvwr is open to interpretation depending on whos making the laws.
GVWR itself IS NOT open to interpretation. As I said and referenced in a previous post, GVWR and it's descriptive wording is finite, in that it's what the vehicle manufacturer says it is.

The vehicle manufacturer has exclusive authority (FMVSS) to set GVWR. Vehicle certification (CFR 49 part 567) actually orders all vehicles to display vehicle certified GVWR. Once the vehicle has passed over to a consumer the only way the information on the certification label can be changed is by vehicle placard recall action or modifications. Only the vehicle manufacturer or a certified modifier have the authority to change the information on the certification label.

Quit shooting from the hip and please provide some references for your "off the wall" information.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #56
LewisB

Quote:
How I wish that were true - PLEASE MAKE IT SO!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
Old 09-10-2020, 12:04 AM   #57
Jshopes81
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
GVWR itself IS NOT open to interpretation. As I said and referenced in a previous post, GVWR and it's descriptive wording is finite, in that it's what the vehicle manufacturer says it is.

The vehicle manufacturer has exclusive authority (FMVSS) to set GVWR. Vehicle certification (CFR 49 part 567) actually orders all vehicles to display vehicle certified GVWR. Once the vehicle has passed over to a consumer the only way the information on the certification label can be changed is by vehicle placard recall action or modifications. Only the vehicle manufacturer or a certified modifier have the authority to change the information on the certification label.

Quit shooting from the hip and please provide some references for your "off the wall" information.
Pennsylvania vehicle code. I dont have time to post it right now.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:32 AM   #58
LewisB

Quote:
Pennsylvania vehicle code. I don't have time to post it right now.
The Pennsylvania Vehicle Code defines GVWR as "The value specified on the Federal weight certification label by the manufacturer as the loaded weight of a single vehicle."

In review of this thread, it's clear to me that we are being trolled. "Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.[James Hanson, University of Nebraska]"

In the lower left corner of every post, there is a triangle with an enclosed exclamation point. Click on that triangle and leave a message to the site team for any thoughts you might have for the site team regarding the post or the POSTER of each message reported.

Personally, I'm tired of this and concerned about a new user discovering this thread. The thing I love about this forum is the experience and knowledge of the users added to their willingness to share with others in a HELPFUL way. We don't always agree, but we DO always respect each other and want to help improve each others experiences. I don't see this in a lot of the posts on this particular thread. If you don't like specific posts, let the site team know!

JMHO
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
Old 09-10-2020, 06:43 AM   #59
JRTJH
Site Team

LewisB has posted a summation of this thread in a way that's appropriate and on target. I'm closing the tread with his comments as they are both positive and at the same time express the goals of this forum. Thank you, LewisB.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread