Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
moparmad

alpine 3010re

Been having much more time due to covid19 stay at home order. so I figure post my thread. Im always tinkering and making things "right" and the way I like it so when we purchased our alpine the first thing I wanted to do was make it my own. First installed winegard satellite on the roof. Got the make the wife happy when were up in the mountains. Up graded to 40lbs propane tanks with remote gauges. I had ordered it with gen prep but no gen because I wanted it done my way. I installed an onan 7k efi gen, I installed a Moeller 20gal fuel tank. I never like the idea of using my propane for the generator. especially for all the dry camping we do: and a lot of it gets cold at night. I put in a hydrocarbon detection system in the fuel bay with built in fan that comes on if ppm get to certain level and a alarm goes off if it still climbs above that. Upgraded to 4 lifeline 6gplt totaling 800ah. Installed two inverter system and split the rigs 120. Ones a Xantrex inverter/charger 3000 with auto gen start. the second is a stand alone 2000w. Reasons why is no matter how fast a transfer switch is; the cable box just don't like the power disruption and will reboot every time, usually gen starts up and switches over during wifes favorite show. Lesson learned..reboot takes 5 min. My ears hurt. I thought about putting the solar panels on the roof but we do a lot of mountain camping and getting access to sun with all the trees can be challenging so Im using three suitcase style panels totaling 560 watts which turned out really nice. I can park anywhere without thinking about sun angles and just set them out to the perfect position. I dropped the belly pans and added another r15 insulation. installed rear hitch. replaced oem water pump with a 5.7gpm and accumulator system. used old pump for water transfer from external water tank when needed dry camping. upgraded shower head and toilet. installed washer and dryer combo. which by the way I should have ordered that. I had to take a lot of stuff apart to get those installed. and putting a 4inch hole in the side of your new rv with out hitting the frame or wires or anything else you don't know about: is nerve racking at the least. I also installed a two step whole home water filter system down to 1 micron. and installed post hot water tank 5 micron. suburban tanks aren't so good, clean mine but still found calcium on screen filters at faucets. Put fishing pole hangers on top side of large storage compartment, a must. That's what I have done. Its like home in the middle of the woods and all automatic which makes me happy to be in the middle of no where and my wife happy she still has her soaps. Feels like home but in national forest and fishing within yards of my front door. Only negative thing is I still have to pack it up and go back to work. Not quite at the retirement age yet. Im getting a taste of it and it taste soo good.
moparmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine