Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #21
RickReichert

Exclamation "Last Chance" sewer valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
You are not the first one to forget to close a dump valve before removing the cap! Many of us have had that unforgettable experience (ha-ha). I have subsequently always installed what I call my "last chance" valve at or near the cap. These can either be cut & glued in place, or purchased as "twist on" valves. In either case, you can use the valve as your last line of defense before removing a cap.

See: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ighlight=Valve

Glad you had a successful pilot run!
Yep. Having that "last chance" valve has saved my bacon more than once! It is amazing how often something blocks one of the tank valves from closing all the way, and a gush of liquid whooshes out when I open that last valve. Of course, I always hook up the flexible line to the dump station sewer connection before opening that last chance valve. My trailer came with the last chance valve already installed, but many don't have it.
RickReichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #22
AbHDToyHauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksfish View Post
And don’t forget to discuss hand signals that the DW will give you while backing the rig into your first site, all while she is directly behind the trailer and not in sight in your mirrors!

“And then the fight started “
HAHAHAHA My wife does same. Making hand signals and waving arms behind trailer where i couldn't see her. I added rearview camera and taught her if she can't see me in the mirror then I can't see her. We also have two way radios (so we can yell longer distances ! is what I tell her hahaha) and have used our cellphones.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #23
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmckee View Post
Everything set up nicely. No hiccups so far. Cooked on the outdoor kitchen, ran every faucet and water hookup for several minutes and definitely exercised the AC. Need to get better at leveling the unit out. Front to back no issues, but I'm about 1 degree off from side to side. Makes it ever so noticable.
I bought 2 of the Andersen Levelers for our trailer.

Just put them in front of the wheels, on the low side and pull forward until that side is level, or behind the wheel and back up. Since you have a single axle trailer, you just need one.

Simple and easy to use.

-Brian
Old 10-11-2019, 04:33 AM   #24
duh1

When we bought ours and opened the black to hook up, sales person has left it open. Not fun. Tend to check both are closed before pulling the lever. Get an extra set of Orange blocks they are big help in leveling mount levels in several places , water filter too. Enjoy . both of you have cell phones use them instead of the walkie talkies then completely hands free for the driver.
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #25
RWRiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
When you're leaving the campsite, get the DW to watch the trailer. It is very easy to strike something with the tail swing.
Went to the school of hard knocks on "Tail Swing".
RWRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #26
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmckee View Post
Everything set up nicely. No hiccups so far. Cooked on the outdoor kitchen, ran every faucet and water hookup for several minutes and definitely exercised the AC. Need to get better at leveling the unit out. Front to back no issues, but I'm about 1 degree off from side to side. Makes it ever so noticable.
I bought a set of Beech Lane Camper Levelers and combined that with the LevelMate Pro. I can level, and get set-up in mere minutes now and it is always level front to back and side to side. It also has a hitch recall feature that you set a memory when you unhook the truck so you know exactly high to raise the front when it comes time to leave
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote