Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
dpcrf450

Atwood Furnace on Fuzion 342

We currently own a 2013 Fuzion 342 and are experiencing terrible noise from the furnace. Have been doing some research on most likely cause (motor, blower wheel, loose housing, etc...). So now figuring out how easy of a job this is going to be. When looking at the atwood website and manual, the configuration does not match how our furnace is installed (the manual shows access from the outside vs. our 342 has only the exhaust on the outside). Does not seem real easy to access from the inside. Anyone with a Fuzion or Raptor have experience replacing the blower motor or other repairs on the furnace. Thanks

Dave
Old 10-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcrf450 View Post
We currently own a 2013 Fuzion 342 and are experiencing terrible noise from the furnace. Have been doing some research on most likely cause (motor, blower wheel, loose housing, etc...). So now figuring out how easy of a job this is going to be. When looking at the atwood website and manual, the configuration does not match how our furnace is installed (the manual shows access from the outside vs. our 342 has only the exhaust on the outside). Does not seem real easy to access from the inside. Anyone with a Fuzion or Raptor have experience replacing the blower motor or other repairs on the furnace. Thanks

Dave
I don't have a Fuzion, but I have had to to remove my furnace to replace the circuit board and looking a on-line pictures of a 2013 342 is looks like the furnace might be behind the louvered panel on the bottom left of the entertainment center.
Take that panel off and you should be able to remove the duct work tubes, unscrew it from the floor and pull it out of the compartment. I had to remove the exhaust/intake tube, from the out side, to get the furnace installed again.

I read, somewhere about dirt daubers building a nest in the squirrel cage of the blower... that threw it out of balance and it made a lot of noise.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

-Brian
Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
sptddog

Here is a picture of the mess behind the fireplace and vent panel of my Fuzion 342. Won't be fun accessing the furnace from there either, but I don't know that you can really remove it from the vent side any better. I removed the vent at one time to replace my DVD player in the entertainment system. Getting back there to push my arm through and plug the new DVD player in was almost impossible. There is room at the vent side to access the furnace, but I can't recall if there is enough to actually remove the furnace through here.

This picture is taken from within the pass-through, with the angled wall removed. Not the best picture, but might give you an idea of what is behind there and what you're getting into.

sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:45 AM   #4
gtsum2

Yep, that's it above. It is tight quarters in there. My wife had to get in there when we had a leak in the shower plumbing.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #5
dpcrf450

Hey thanks for the response. Same setup as mine. Its gonna be fun...
Old 10-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Probably best to take down the wall in the basement to get to it rather than to try and work by that small passage by the fireplace.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
Pull Toy

Maybe first try should be compressed air? If you don't have a compressor, Staples has Compressed air in a can for computers and such.

Good luck!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Sandi587

It will take some work, moving water lines and such out of the way, but you can get it out through the angled cut out in the pass through storage area. Actually, I think that a out the only way you can do it. It was the only way I could see to do it.

Ask me how I know.

I had to take mine out because mud dauber's built a nest inside the fan squirrel cage. I highly suggest screens on your exterior vent.

It sounded like a freight train inside the furnace.

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #9
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi587 View Post
It will take some work, moving water lines and such out of the way, but you can get it out through the angled cut out in the pass through storage area. Actually, I think that a out the only way you can do it. It was the only way I could see to do it.

Ask me how I know.

I had to take mine out because mud dauber's built a nest inside the fan squirrel cage. I highly suggest screens on your exterior vent.

It sounded like a freight train inside the furnace.
Off topic but what screen did you put over the vent? I've bought like three different ones and can't seem to find one that fits without breaking the seal around the whole thing
Old 10-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
Sandi587

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Off topic but what screen did you put over the vent? I've bought like three different ones and can't seem to find one that fits without breaking the seal around the whole thing
Camco makes one that attaches utilizing a spring that clips to the vent.

I used to just duct tape the vent, because I rarely if ever use heatmwhere I live. Until the one time I did....

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #11
gtsum2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi587 View Post
Camco makes one that attaches utilizing a spring that clips to the vent.

I used to just duct tape the vent, because I rarely if ever use heatmwhere I live. Until the one time I did....
thanks. I will check it out