Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
CockneyUSA

Fuzion 371 observations (complaints)

I've owned my FuZion since May 15. Basically I do love it but I also have some issues with the build and design.

It was nice that the fuel tanks were mislabeled to start with. I wondered why I couldn't start the generator after putting 12 gallons of gas in the tank. Then in my "infinite" wisdom I thought I would check the outside fuel pump. Now there was NO fuel in that tank but when I placed the fuel nozzle in the other tank I was able to put 12 gallons from one to the other. Then the generator started fine.... So mislabeled. Then I noticed that the generator switch ion the RV is also mislabelled. You press stop to start and start to stop!!?!?!?!

Today I'm wondering what idiot designed the A/C system. After testing, the bedroom unit pumps out of two vents, the bedroom and bathroom. The garage unit pumps out in the garage and the living area??? The thermostat for the bedroom is in the living area by the garage door. The garage thermostat is the other side of the door. SO, at night when all the doors are closed......... the garage controls the temperature of the garage and the living area. Naturally the thermostat in the living area is reading the temperature of the garage output. So getting the temp right in the bedroom is impossible........................

Now if I could get the leveling to work right...................

AND my dealer is useless. Fun City in Seguin. I have stories...
CockneyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
gilpinbrewer

Interesting, I heard a lot about tanks being mislabled. My early 15 371 was correct. The Generator button sounds like it is wired backwards. When you press down it should prime the engine when it is stopped. Pushing up starts the engine and holding down the button shuts off the engine. Sounds like a simple fix.
Something doesn't sound right in the AC. If I turn on the bedroom AC it blows all the way back to the garage and vice versa. It almost sounds like they left something in the vents blocking it.
Whats wrong with the leveling system? Mine has worked flawless and I love it.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
hoffbrew

My 14 has not had any of these issues. A/C controller for bedroom/kitchen area is by main bathroom door and garage A/C controller is in garage next to the light switches. My gas tank labels where not backwards BUT my brothers new 16 345 had them backwards and his A/C controllers are in weird places too but both A/C's are working correctly. Auto Level is fine, maybe a calibration will fix that?
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #4
CockneyUSA

I find that when leveling you almost have to have it level already. The front jacks do not extend very far and I almost always have to use levelers under the feet.

I don't think there is any blockage as all the vents work but not as expected. I expected the living area and bedroom to be handled by one unit, the garage by the other. The placement of the controllers would make you believe this.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
hoffbrew

I do use the Andersen #3604 to level side to side before auto level. AND only use these if it is really not level. I open the control box, scan to the side to side level and if off a lot, I put the Andersens down and roll up on those while my wife is reading the + and -, when it reads 0.0 I stop, unhook and auto level from there. My front jack extend pretty far? Have not had an issue.
The garage A/C only operates the garage... on mine.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 07-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
hoffbrew

By the way... Welcome to the forum, take a cruise over to the new members and introduce yourself, great people and tons of info on this forum. Watch out for PARaptor!! lol
What do you use to tow the 371?
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 07-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #7
CockneyUSA

I use a Ford F250 Platinum Diesel with air bags.

Just another observation, the garage A/C unit has it's intake right above the queen bed. If you are using the garage as a dining room with the beds all the way up the intake cannot get enough air to work properly. Brilliant Design
Old 07-30-2015, 03:36 PM   #8
FlyingChief

To figure out whether the tank labels were correct, my dealer suggested that I only fuel one tank to start, then check the gauges to see which one got the fuel, and then go from there. Mine were labeled correctly.
FlyingChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
hoffbrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockneyUSA View Post

Just another observation, the garage A/C unit has it's intake right above the queen bed. If you are using the garage as a dining room with the beds all the way up the intake cannot get enough air to work properly. Brilliant Design
I just make sure there are no pillows or blankets up against the return, I haven't noticed any restriction issues.
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
Old 08-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
pawpaw

I noticed about a month ago that the bent angles that secure the cable for the slides are coming loose. Took it in to the dealer who kept the trailer for 2 weeks and tried to fix it. My daughter and son in law used it this past weekend and he noticed a lot of the clips are coming loose again. A lot of clips are missing screws to hold them in plus if you try to tighten them they just free spin.

Kind of crappy workmanship to me! Now we have to get it back to the dealer and hope they can fix it. Our leveling system is a little off and it was supposed to be re calibrated but it's still not right.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #11
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockneyUSA View Post

What's really ridiculous is my 2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition had ducted AC's, even the rear garage. I don't get why Keystone hasn't put some of the options on the Touring Edition as an option on the new toy haulers.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #12
Bigg-limo

I don't know about the other trailers Keystone builds,...but those toyhaulers are built pretty crappy. I guess that the only thing I haven't heard anything negative about them, is their ability to haul toys!!! The only they did right on mine, was cover the cost of repairing my front faded cap. My first shakedown trip was about 50-60 miles from my house. Opened the ramp to unload my Teryx,....screws all over the floor from the sliding glass door, lol. I won't go into all of the other terrible build jobs they did. So don't feel too bad,....we're in all together.
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #13
ri_truck_guy

Damn. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I 've had very few problems with my 371. All the systems work as expected. My gas tanks are labelled correctly. My front jacks extend plenty far enough and it always levels with just the push of a button. My bedroom A/C provides for the bedroom, bathroom, and main living area. And I have no issues with the thermostat placement. And the garage A/C works just fine with the bed in the fully raised position. The only of these problems I've had is one of my slide brackets did come off, but was easily re-attached. That happened just last week on my current trip to Sturgis. Once I get home I'll adjust the side cables which I believe will clear up that issue. While at Sturgis there have been several displays of toy haulers I've gone through. After examining several other brands I couldn't be happier with the build quality, and my choice of the Fuzion/Keystone product.
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 103 CI
Everyone has issues...some people's are just more interesting."
ri_truck_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #14
azhunter1963

Well, seems my AC, auto level, generator, and fuel tanks were all good. However, has anyone validated their gray tank level? Keystone lists 86, but the front gray only holds 43. Cant count the back tank as the 1/2 bath toilet drains into that one....
Old 08-09-2015, 03:53 AM   #15
gtsum2

I have two greys on my 345