Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Way Of Life

Stubborn Norcold Fridge

This may not be exclusive to toy haulers but.....

Every time we have used our Fuzion 325 out Norcold fridge continues to display an alarm. The alarm is L1 op. I will continue to reset the alarm even allowing the unit to cool or calm down if you will and eventually it decides to stay on. The alarm is accompanied by a small annoying beep which has woke me up one night.

The manual states that the alarm status is non serviceable and needs to be returned to the dealer for service. Being in the middle of prime campING season I refuse to do this after hearing the long wait nightmares.....The dealer will get it in November for several other warranty repairs.

Has anyone else had these experiences with your fridge? Will go into this alarm status run on either gas or electric.....fridge is not overloaded and the top shelf if clear to allow air flow around the fins.

If any of you have knowledge or ideas please share.......Thank you.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Way Of Life

The issue has been remedied by using of all things.....a magnet.

While the power is to the fridge and is displaying the alarm cide L1 op. Head outside and remove the access panel to the back if the fridge. Locate the over limit recall box that has the ominous red light on. Take a magnet and place it on the right top side of the recall box. While gently moving the magnet up and down the right side an audible click will occur and the light will go dark indicating the the unit has been reset......and whala.....the fridge is back to cooling.

This simple technique worked for me and save a fridge and freezer full of food. Also saved a 160 mile trip to the dealer for a 90 second repair.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
skydiverchuck

Is your unit plugged in when the alarm is going off? Even if you are running it on gas your fridge still requires an amount of power to run the monitoring system. If the battery is running low the alarm you described will fire. I had the same alarm on my fridge in the brand new Raptor we got. What I discovered is that when the unit wasn't plugged in and the battery was running low the alarm went of. As soon as I plugged it in to shore power the alarm stopped. I know there are other reasons for the alarm but I wanted to share what I discovered with you. YMMV.
skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
Sandi587

We had the same issue on ours last year at an out in the middle of nowhere COE campground last year. Rain blew into our fridge vent panel and shorted the temp over limit switch. We tried the magnet trick, to no avail. It was shorted.

However, we did search and located a workaround to finish our trip. There are 2 12v power wires attached to the switch. We placed a 10 amp Utomotive fuse and plugged it in to the 2 12v wires. Ran flawlessly for a week that way. Obviously, you will want to replace the switch as early as possible, the switch is Norcolds remedy to overheating and fires.

Dealer replaced switch under warranty. As hard as I begged, they would not sell me a spare switch.

2013 Dodge Ram Dually
2014 Fuzion 404 Chrome
Sandi587 is offline   Reply With Quote