Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #21
crohill

I see you have a 2003 gmc....i have a 2005 GMC..and the trouble I had was finding a power jack that would give clearance to my hatch when connected to the trailer. the one the dealer installed did not allow me to open the back of the truck...i knew that was going to bug me so i had them remove it and take it back. BUT MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED.. i found this one online

Bulldog 3500

It lifts the trailer and my truck high enough to easily get my weight distribution bars on and there is plenty of clearance for the tailgate to open when hitched. It also has a 5 YEAR WARRANTY.. and I found it on Ebay for $189.99.

It also has the drop leg which is great because then you do not have to wait forever to jack up the trailer. Has a lite for night hitching and also a manual override that is actually easy to crank.

I hope yours works out..but if not...this is the one for you.

2014 Keystone Passport 2920BH

2005 GMC Yukon 5.3L 3.42 ratio with trans cool and
Heavy Duty Tow Package

Pro Series WD Hitch with Dual Sway Bars.

Previous trailer was 2006 Fleetwood Orbit hybrid 20'
crohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
{tpc}

Would you say that the bulldog was taller thus allowing more clearance? I have yet to install mine because the first one I got from amazon had a cracked housing. I give them credit though, I reported it to them and then overnighted a new one for saturday delivery. That one isn't broke but I just haven't had the time.

I could probably live without the gate opening, but I have seen some where the only issue was the placement of the 7-way holder, and they just relocated or removed it.

Thanks for the info though, it may yet come in handy!