Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #21
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I'm about a 24 hour drive from there. I've learned not to trust RV park pics too much.
The back in sites look like they could get crowded if many people are parking a boat next to their RV.
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a reservation are the bugs in July. I'm going to have to get off the fence soon.

I am planning on a deluxe pull through. On google earth they look large. The campground pics look pretty secluded for what it is.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:47 AM   #22
gearhead

That's what I was thinking as well.

2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:58 AM   #23
billsr

We took a trip to the Upper Peninsula a couple of years ago and our Minister and his Wife went with us. We spent a week up there during the 1st part of July. Took the boat out of Munising to see Picture Rocks, which was awesome.
We stayed at two different campgrounds up ther, sorry don't remember the names, but they were both very good.
we used the GPS to get to one of the campgrounds, and it took us through the Hiawatha National Forest. We were on a single lane dirt road hauling our 27 foot Bullet through the Forest, and finally decided this was not a good thing. We were low on gas too. Came up to an area where a tree had fallen over the road, and it had been cut away so vehicles could pass. Wasn't sure the camper would get through without damage, but we made it. Came upon another vehicle coming in our direction and no room to pass. Luckily they were able to pull over enough so we could get by. We informed them we were lost and they said they were too. They told us to keep going and we would come to a paved road, and we finally got out of the Forest. Finally found a gas station and my 36 gallon tank took 35 1/2 gallons to fill it up.

You have to try the "Pasties" also. They are good.

Beautiful scenery up there and we want to go back someday.