Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2019, 05:16 AM   #1
IM SYKO

Keystone/lippert frame flex

I am sure most of the people on here that are active are aware of the frame flex issue that runs across all manufactures of the large toy haulers and I am assume the regular trailer that utilize the frames.
I am prepping my Fuzion 417 to be picked up and taken back to Keystone’s west coast facility. I am also prepping documentation to take with me when i meet the trailer at the factory.
I have seen several pictures of peoples trailers while they were taken apart and i have seen several different repairs that are not consistent with then engineering drawings Keystone created.
Having said that I realize that depending on how bad the damage is in front of them is how they decide how many gussets need to be added in addition to then repair drawings.
Unfortunately, the best thing about the internet is also the worst thing about the internet: The volume of information available becomes so overwhelming that when you go back after a few days to capture it and print it you can never find the identical thing you were looking at the day before.
I am going to ask that any of you reading this who have pictures of your trailer or even somebody else’s trailer in the middle of repair for the frame flex issue if you could either post them on the thread or email them to me. I will circle back and post everything I can get my hands on and also will have a PDF available downstream that I can send to anybody else who has to deal with Keystone on this issue. If you have any information to share, please PM me so we can discuss the problems.
Thank You in advance for your time.
IM SYKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #2
Roscommon48

I missed what the age of your trailer is.
anyway, there are several options on how they fix frame flex. We've had it on 3 montana trailers of keystone.
one way they try to correct your issue is to put looooong screws into the was and expoy it and hope it works.
then there is the remove the whole wall and redo a wall and hope it works.
if these fail push them for a new trailer.
We always had our work done at the montana service center.

my wife's best advice is to get to know the higher ups well.

good luck.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
IM SYKO

Thanks Boss. The side is definitely coming off. If it looks like it is going turn into something where it happens a second time I will walk away from the trailer leave it there for them and see them in court. 2017 model year sorry.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM SYKO View Post
Thanks Boss. The side is definitely coming off. If it looks like it is going turn into something where it happens a second time I will walk away from the trailer leave it there for them and see them in court. 2017 model year sorry.
Just a suggestion... a signature which lists you year & model is a great help to others who may or may not be able to say something constructive without know which trailer is being discussed and a lot of folks like to put their tv in their sig as well. Merry Christmas!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #5
IM SYKO

Got it.. I dont get out much...

Tags
frame flex, keystone, lippert frame, should be recall