Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
Deeds

Water everywhere! Need help

Hey everyone, so we got back from our camping trip and unfortunately I have a very wet camper! My problems are coming from the selection valve for the city/tank fill in the water station, I've had the dealer address this twice now with no resolution! They've replaced only the elbow on the assembly because that's where it leaks water inside the trailer when it fails...my problems come from the fact that when on city its slowly filling the holding tank and when on tank fill it's still acting like it's on city water supply, I feel due to the resistance of the faulty valve its causing this elbow to blow out and leak inside my camper. Unfortunately this round happened overnight and woke up to the dogs soaking wet on top of our bed because there was no dry floor space for them! I've got it about dried out now but when calling both dealers back with a little frustration they said it was gone through but not replaced to to no parts availability! And they have only replaced the faulty elbow fitting! This is getting the best of me because I cant find the part anywhere on the web and dealers cant find it and keystone is not helping because it's to be referred back to their dealer network! Can anyone please help me as to where I can find this dang assembly! I'd give a part # if i knew what it was!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200811_154719.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	29200   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200811_154749.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	29201  
Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:25 PM   #2
Javi

Was it me... I'd go to Home Depot and buy enough PEX fittings and valves to build me a manifold and forget about that valve.. but that's just me...
Old 08-13-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

It almost sounds like the lines are reversed. If the water pump is nearby, just find the pex line that goes to the fresh water system just AFTER the water pump. Once that pex Line is identified, you can remove it from the valve manifold, and set the valve to “city”. Then just blow some air from where the hose would hook up and see if it blows out the fitting you took the pex line off of.

Parts are scarce as hens teeth right now as the factories try to catch up.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
Deeds

Their not reversed from what i was able to find and the dealer looked into it as well, it seems like its leaking through the valve itself it takes usually around 15 hours worth of running city before the holding tank fills and I shut the water off and run off the pump and tank, when it's on tank selection it takes a while but will eventually push through the faucet so I truly believe its plumbed correctly just pushing past the valve! And as far as parts go I'd be willing to be patient for it but their not even showing this style water station in their system so checking availability isnt an option, they show only the direct connect styles 1 inlet for tank 1 inlet for city not the single inlet with selection like I have
Old 08-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
GMH

You could take the cap off the low point drain for the fresh water tank to keep it from filling until you can find the parts. I don’t know if that may help?
GMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
Deeds

Yeah I tried that route and though it works it makes for a bit of a mess at the sites, it does dump a good amount of water, if that's what I need to do ill continue doing it, but now with the plastic elbow from the hose fitting that leads to the selector valve continuously blowing out I'm just scared of the entire assembly! I just didn't know if there was some special website with an abundance of parts that maybe I haven't found yet! I tried all the sites that pop up under the general Google searches
Old 08-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

We have access to a parts distributor that the general public can’t access. I will try to look for it tomorrow. We are working 4AM -12:30 since it’s forcasted to be 109 degrees. I’ll try my best, to post part number so you can have your dealer order it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #8
Deeds

Chuckster that would be awesome if you could do that for me! I greatly appreciate that!
Old 08-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
Javi

See if this would work

https://www.amazon.com/Anderson-Bras...a-838625281617
Old 08-13-2020, 06:36 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Deeds, as Javi suggested may want to figure ways to "home remedy" the issue. Chuck will be a good resource. Dependence on anyone, or company right now, for anything is pretty much a losing proposition. Whether toilet paper, a fridge, meat or who knows what else, there is going to be a reason you can't get to it. Good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 PM   #11
bobbecky

Some years ago we had the check valve in the pump start leaking water back into the fresh water tank when connected to city water at a campground. Not having easy access at the time to an RV parts dealer, I obtained a check valve at a local hardware store, and installed it on the pressure side of the water pump in the PEX line. This solved the problem, and even after replacing the water pump due to a different problem, the check valve is still there without causing any issues. The check valve is the brass device in the blue water line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new check valve.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	29204  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #12
Frank G

You may want to call your insurance company and get it properly dried out before you have a total loss due to mold. I would think the entire underbody needs to be opened up. Your diligence of past dealer repairs, may include them in the loop, along with the fitting manufacture, and unit manufacture. Let your insurance company fight it out.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:23 PM   #13
chuckster57
Site Team

All heck broke loose, so I haven’t looked in the parts book yet. I will as soon as I get a chance.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:32 AM   #14
mbi777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
Hey everyone, so we got back from our camping trip and unfortunately I have a very wet camper! My problems are coming from the selection valve for the city/tank fill in the water station, I've had the dealer address this twice now with no resolution! They've replaced only the elbow on the assembly because that's where it leaks water inside the trailer when it fails...my problems come from the fact that when on city its slowly filling the holding tank and when on tank fill it's still acting like it's on city water supply, I feel due to the resistance of the faulty valve its causing this elbow to blow out and leak inside my camper. Unfortunately this round happened overnight and woke up to the dogs soaking wet on top of our bed because there was no dry floor space for them! I've got it about dried out now but when calling both dealers back with a little frustration they said it was gone through but not replaced to to no parts availability! And they have only replaced the faulty elbow fitting! This is getting the best of me because I cant find the part anywhere on the web and dealers cant find it and keystone is not helping because it's to be referred back to their dealer network! Can anyone please help me as to where I can find this dang assembly! I'd give a part # if i knew what it was!
Here is the assembly you need https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...x?itemid=83635
mbi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #15
Captainf2

Supplyhouse.com has all the Viega PureFlow parts
Captainf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #16
poelma

Could you cut the PEX line to fresh water tank and add a 1/4 turn PEX valve? Shut off valve when you don't want to fill tank. Could be a temp or permanent solution. No tools needed if you use a shark bite press in valve
poelma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water