Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Finney

Siding FELL OFF our brand new trailer!!

We bought a brand new 2013 Springdale TT less than a month ago. Last weekend, on only our second short trip the siding on the front drivers side came loose and was flapping in the wind as we were driving down the highway at 55 mph. We had to pull over and cut off about 4 ft of siding as there was no way to secure the bent-up section. Springdale said today that they would repair it as it wasn't "installed properly. However, they aren't offering any assurances that the rest of the siding was put together correctly or that the other peices won't fall off. My husband asked for an extended warrantly on the outside siding in case it happens again with other peices and the Keystone Rep started yelling at him and adamently refused like it was an absurd request! We have NO peace of mind with this trailer now, and do not feel comfortable taking it out on the highway.

We are very dissapointed in Keystone customer service thus far, as well as the craftsmanship on the outside of the trailer. We have pulled this less than 300 miles, and there was no wind. Hopefully this will be resolved but at this point I'm preparing for the worst! Any ideas??

Shame on you KEYSTONE!!!!
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
antiqfreq

It looks like you just need to have faith in your RV dealer and their repair shop.

Keep us all posted of any further problems and the outcome of this situation.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
rnkburg

Call keystone direct daily, they were great at helping me out. My dealer wasn't doing the warranty properly on my end and keystone took care of it, and even called dealer to make sure it was right. Also go over your rep. He should never act like that, he is a professional and should represent his company as one. I am a rep for a manufacturer and if I did that I would probably loose my job. The higher up the ladder you go, the better results.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Trinibob

Pictures are worth 1000 words show the shotty workmanship upfront to everyone they will change there tune.

https://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...20the%20years/
Trinibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
alien_scones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney View Post
We are very dissapointed in Keystone customer service thus far

Shame on you KEYSTONE!!!!
Document each call, names, numbers, length of calls, commitments made or questions asked.

A month old RV falling apart like you described, I would think get both the dealer and Keystone on the same page very fast.

Perhaps the dealer can arrange to purchase your trailer back to avoid a lawsuit or other lose-lose situations.

Pictures would be helpful here too.

Do you have any delivery pictures, and pictures of the damage to share?

If they repair your RV, repair pics would be appreciated too.

best regards
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Get it fixed then tow it like you own it. Stuff <sp> happens but that one piece of siding doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the RV is defective. Hell, if that were the situation, when a Ford door doesn't close properly, you'd think the dealer ought to replace the tail lights just in case they "might fall out" Not gonna happen.... fix the problem and move on.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien_scones View Post
Document each call, names, numbers, length of calls, commitments made or questions asked.

A month old RV falling apart like you described, I would think get both the dealer and Keystone on the same page very fast.

Perhaps the dealer can arrange to purchase your trailer back to avoid a lawsuit or other lose-lose situations.

Pictures would be helpful here too.

Do you have any delivery pictures, and pictures of the damage to share?

If they repair your RV, repair pics would be appreciated too.

best regards
x2 been there done that on warranty issues, and still going......Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
TNT Miller

There is NO pride in building any of these RV's. Shoddy craftsmanship seams to be the norm. Faulty welds - siding falling off -interiors coming apart- electrical issues -water
leaks -front caps fading or cracking on RV's that are less than 6 mounts old . What a bunch of junk with pretty wrapping paper . Its hard to buy American Made in the USA
with junk like this coming out of the Keystone factories . And it seams like it does not matter how high end of a trailer you have . The factory depends on the dealers to fix there junk .
That's no way to run a company
TNT Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

X2 WITH JTRH. GET IT FIXED AND THEN TOW IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT .IFyour not happy with it then take it back to the dealer. but i don't think they will give you an extended warranty. read your warranty that is the contract you signed! that is what you are entitled to!.Here is the reality check. every company every person makes mistakes that includes you and me! so swap places every one that comes to you and demands more from your company and you just handed it out you would soon be out of biz. you would fix what was broken and make sure it doesn't happen again say your sorry and shake hands. the only thing that was real bad was the rep yelling at you that was uncalled for. i have had very good luck with my keystones. and i would by another one so. in stepping off my give them a chance to fix it. just document everything just in case you have to go the lawyer route. i wish you the best hope you get to enjoy the camper soon.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Finney

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not one to complain about "stuff" that just sometimes happens. However, the reason the siding fell off is because the staples didn't make contact with the actual edge of the siding. So common sense says there's a good chance the pieces beside it or on the other edges, may come loose if not resecured. I'm not talking about the inconvienience of a bum shower head, this is the shell falling apart. We spent a lot of time choosing a trailer and spent a lot of hard earned money and I think it's unacceptable and bad business to tell us to "deal with it."

I think it deserves at least an inspection and absolutly it should be covered if it does happen again at ANY time. I am most definitely entitled to some reassurance that when I've loaded up my family and am pulling my brand spanking new trailer down the highway that pieces aren't flying off of it. I also assume the person behind me doesn't want my siding in their windshild either!

I will try to get the pic attached....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030891.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1865  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #11
SAABDOCTOR

i hear what you are saying. the good news is the the person on the left side dis not put the siding on the other. so the chances are slim that the both sides are bad! and if they were i would bet that when the first side was peeling away while driving the resonance would have real f*&^ up more pannels. One thing for sure is tmy first keystoine had trim strips that were not stapled in correctly,they must have promotted him to sidding i wish you the best. Barney
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
x96mnn

My friend who bought a Coachman from the same RV dealership that I bought my Sprinter from is having the same type of problem. The siding on the left side is letting go just lucky he caught it before leaving with it as I say it would have lasted less then a half hour with the road wind before it ripped off. Dealer is taking it in next week to fix it. He picked his up in June.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
Azdryheat

Keystone should take back your trailer and give it to the QC people for a complete evaluation. In its place you should get a new trailer.

2008 Everest 305T
2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #14
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney View Post
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not one to complain about "stuff" that just sometimes happens. However, the reason the siding fell off is because the staples didn't make contact with the actual edge of the siding. So common sense says there's a good chance the pieces beside it or on the other edges, may come loose if not resecured. I'm not talking about the inconvienience of a bum shower head, this is the shell falling apart. We spent a lot of time choosing a trailer and spent a lot of hard earned money and I think it's unacceptable and bad business to tell us to "deal with it."

I think it deserves at least an inspection and absolutly it should be covered if it does happen again at ANY time. I am most definitely entitled to some reassurance that when I've loaded up my family and am pulling my brand spanking new trailer down the highway that pieces aren't flying off of it. I also assume the person behind me doesn't want my siding in their windshild either!

I will try to get the pic attached....
Hi Finney

If you purchased it locally, I know the dealearship and have bought a couple of tt from them before and I would think the service department will take a close look at the rest of the trailer for you and reasure you that there will not be any future problems with the siding, good luck.........Ron

Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Finney

The local dealer is Russ Dean RV in Pasco. They are super helpful in buying an RV, but they are washing their hands of it and leaving everything to Keystone who has said that they have no intention of inspecting the rest of the siding nor giving us any peace of mind if it happens in the future. We had heard friends state that Russ Dean is a great place to buy, but that their service department is horrible. We were just hoping that we wouldn't need it with a good rated TT, but the joke is on us, we should've listened. The service department has now had our 6 week old TT for almost 3 weeks. No one has called us ONCE to give answers or help! We've made 6 calls (documented for the BBB when this is finally finished) and each time get treated poorly. Not a single "sorry this happened" or "we're going to do everything we can to get this fixed"...nothing! The customer service on both ends is the poorest I've ever experienced. And sadly, the more we call or ask questions, the more we get ignored.

We're tired of complaining about it. Lesson learned for us. Never again will we buy a Keystone, and unless we get some answers soon our next RV will definitly NOT come from this dealer!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Ron

Sorry to here that from Russ Dean. The only thing we had done is have a converter replaced on a new trailer and they did it pretty quick. I think I would go down and sit on the service managers desk and demand an answer or talk with Russ directly, what a joke warranty issues are most of the time. The word WARRANTY is such a joke makes me sick thinking about it and OUR future warranty work coming up and how long it will take.............Ron