Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
hankpage
Site Team

Posting photos on the forum

Many of our new members and some of our senior members have asked for help posting photos on the forum. It was brought to our attention that a "Sticky" thread with instructions for the various methods would be a good idea.
METHOD #1
If the files are not too large, I think the easiest method is as an attachment. While writing a new thread or replying to a post :

1. Click on the "Paper Clip" symbol in the menu for the message. A window will open that says "Manage Attachments".

2. You can "Browse" your computer to find the file for the photo you want to post or enter the complete URL (web address for photos on-line) and click the appropriate "Upload" button.

3. Go back to your message menu and click on the "paper clip" again. A small box will show the file you just uploaded. Click on that file and complete your message and select "submit".

Your photo will appear as a thumbnail on your post and clicking on it will show the photo or photos you attached.

This is just one method of posting photos. Any members with other methods are encouraged to add them below. Please keep instructions simple so we all ( I ) can understand. Thanks , Hank
Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Method #2

Method #2

Using an image hosting service like PHOTOBUCKET or Flickr.
These popular free services allow you to upload your photos to create online albums. You can make these albums public so anyone can view them or private so only you or someone you invite can see the photos.
Once you have created a free account (free accounts are limited to the size and number of albums) and followed their instructions to upload your photos. (These instructions are for Photobucket, but I'm sure Flickr is similar.)
#1 Select "EDIT" from top of page.
#2 Select the photo you want to post. Select "Adjustment". Select "Resize" and choose the size you would like to post. Some examples are below. Once your photo is resized click on the "Direct link to photo" on right and the URL of that size photo will be copied to your clipboard.
THIS IS 120 X 80 PIXELS

THIS IS 640 X 440 PIXELS
And copy the address under "direct link to image"

#3 To insert the photo in your post select the "Postcard" in the menu and paste the photos address in the box that appears.
#4 Complete your post and click "Submit" or "Preview" to see your post. (If you choose "Preview" be sure to select "Submit" if the post is the way you wanted it.
!!!You do not need to download the Image Host's software to upload photos to them. If you prefer you can do it from the webpage itself. Some host's software will install a program that although very good, will want to change your wallpaper and add screen savers if you allow it to. !!!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
SteveC7010

For those that want to understand all this a bit, here's how "BBCode" works for images:

The text needed to place an image into a post has to be in a precise format for everything to work. We need to know that this will be an image. Then we need to know where out on the net it is stored, and last we need to know the name of the image file, usually a GIF or JPG. Here's the complete line that needs to be in a post to produce an image:

Now we'll break it down. First, the code in brackets tells the forum that this will be an image. There's a start and an end. Ends are always indicated with a forward slash. These are called image tags, and they are shown in bold below.

Now for the image location. The forum software needs to know exactly where to look to find the image you want posted. The full internet URL is shown in bold here:

And last, we need to know the precise file name:

I'll show the image in the next post and give you some tips about displayed images.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
SteveC7010

OK, here's the image referred to in my last post:

Some tips and tricks:

If you place your mouse pointer over an image displayed almost anywhere on the net and then right click, you'll get a list of things you can do with the image. Down near the bottom of the list is View Image Info. If you click on that, you'll see a little window of info about the image Including location, type of image, size of image, and dimensions of the image.

One of the other choices on the image menu is Save Image As... If you see an image out on the net that you want a copy of for yourself, you can select this and save a copy of the pic to your hard drive or other storage media.

Generally, folks frown on linking directly to their images as it uses up bandwidth for their websites. So if you find an image you want to include in one of your posts, rather than link directly to it, save it to your system and then upload it to your Photobucket or other storage account. Now you can insert it into your post without creating a problem for or with someone else.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Webshots has been sold

Hi, Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were not aware that Webshots was sold and will be no more in a few months. I cannot get an answer from "Smile", the new owner about any photos linked to Webshots from forums or web pages. As far as I can tell these photos will just go blank on the forum. If you have not already, download a backup file of your photos on Webshots or they may be lost. Not a happy camper, Hank

If the photos in the posts above go blank, my suspicions were correct. Sorry!!!

I have opened a Photobucket account and have edited the above photo links. Now I have to do the same with every photo I have posted on this and other forums.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
suza

Thanks, Hank. Your tips on uploading photos has been very helpful. I have been unable to upload images directly from my computer but am able to upload from Photobucket. At first, the image came through larger than I had sized it, but now it appears as a thumbnail, as it should. I will keep experimenting with this.

Also, I was able to create an album and added photos. Today I tried adding another but it wouldn't upload. Any suggestions? I'll keep trying
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Jim & DJ

Smile Posting photo's

A big thank you to SteveC7010, hankpage and Suza for the information in regard to picture posting. All is greatly appreciated....
Old 09-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
Edlees

Unable to Upload File or URL

cannot post with small (23kb) jpg file or Photobucket URL http://s556.photobucket.com/user/ipa...c7bsf.jpg.html

Get invalid file each time
Old 09-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlees View Post
cannot post with small (23kb) jpg file or Photobucket URL http://s556.photobucket.com/user/ipa...c7bsf.jpg.html

Get invalid file each time
Since I use photobucket lets see if I can help:

You will be using the bracket symbols [ ] and some letters inside of the brackets. First find the picture you want to post while on photobucket and click on it. With just that photo on the screen look on the right and you will see some different options. Choose the "DIRECT LINK" option and it should automatically "copy" it.

Now while composing your post here (or any other forum), when your ready to post the picture just type the brackets with "URL" inside, then paste the link you copied at photobucket. After that your going to use the brackets again and type "/URL" inside. Make sure to use the slash and that should do it. Of you have any more trouble feel free to PM me.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
Edlees

Thanks--- I believe that worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Since I use photobucket lets see if I can help:

You will be using the bracket symbols [ ] and some letters inside of the brackets. First find the picture you want to post while on photobucket and click on it. With just that photo on the screen look on the right and you will see some different options. Choose the "DIRECT LINK" option and it should automatically "copy" it.

Now while composing your post here (or any other forum), when your ready to post the picture just type the brackets with "URL" inside, then paste the link you copied at photobucket. After that your going to use the brackets again and type "/URL" inside. Make sure to use the slash and that should do it. Of you have any more trouble feel free to PM me.
Thanks, I did as you suggested. Can you verfiy that the picture is accessible?
Old 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #11
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlees View Post
Thanks, I did as you suggested. Can you verfiy that the picture is accessible?
No need for someone else to verify that the pic is accessible. After you post the message containing the pic or link, redisplay it. Either you see the pic or the link which works, or you don't. What you see is what all the rest of us see.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #12
roadglide

I liked my I phone easy to post pictures but I have run out of storage on the forums. I don't know how to delete pictures on the forums to make room for new pictures of a few projects I would like to share.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:58 AM   #13
hankpage
Site Team

If you have used these photos linked into posts they will no longer show in those posts or as an attachment if you delete them.
There was some talk about the new owners increasing some of the space limits, so perhaps one of the new admins will come along and be of more help.
Hank
Old 12-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #14
roadglide

I have been use I phone with good success until I loaded my forum photo usage up. I don't use my camera any more and do not want to load all my pictures to the computer from my phone . I have photo bucket I havent tryed useing that for my phone. Is there away to delete pictures on the forums to make room for new photos?
Old 12-25-2016, 07:21 AM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
I have been use I phone with good success until I loaded my forum photo usage up. I don't use my camera any more and do not want to load all my pictures to the computer from my phone . I have photo bucket I havent tryed useing that for my phone. Is there away to delete pictures on the forums to make room for new photos?
Yes. When you go to your community album you will see "EDIT PHOTO" on the right side of the second Blue bar on the page. Click that and a list of all pics will show and give you the opportunity to delete all or just the few that you want.

I hope this helps, Hank
Old 12-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #16
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
I liked my I phone easy to post pictures but I have run out of storage on the forums. I don't know how to delete pictures on the forums to make room for new pictures of a few projects I would like to share.

Where are you seeing a message about having reached an upload limit? If this in posts or photo albums? (trying to trouble shoot this as there should be no limits...)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 12-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #17
hankpage
Site Team

Janet, I believe he is talking about the limit on photos in forum albums. JM2˘,Hank
Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #18
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Janet, I believe he is talking about the limit on photos in forum albums. JM2˘,Hank

Hmm - I guess he will need to respond - I don't see any albums set up for his account and as noted earlier - there should be no limits in place..

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 12-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Roadglide: I use Photobucket app on my iPhone. Easy Peasy to insert a photo into a thread. Only limit is what's imposed by Photobucket, and after years of uploads I'm still way under the limit for free use. If you need any help with using the app to post pics just shoot me a PM.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #20
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Where are you seeing a message about having reached an upload limit? If this in posts or photo albums? (trying to trouble shoot this as there should be no limits...)
Janet I use my I phone occasional to post pictures . When I click on the attachment to download a picture I get a message with red bar telling me that I have used all my storage for pictures on the forums. I guess my pictures are to big for the forums from MY I phone. Thank you for reply.
Closed Thread