Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Shelby67

bed slide out problems

Hello All,
Need to fix bed in slide out on 327 RES. As I was closing the slide for an approaching storm I noticed the bed was moving sideways. The six screws holding the bbed frame to the slide had just pulled out and was loose. Now if I try to close the slide the slide tips up and down. Has anyone experienced this problem and how to fix as all Keystone has ever told me that " your unit is out of warranty" and you should take it to a Keystone dealer to get it fixed. I think I can fix it but want to be sure that the bed frame supports the slide to keep it running straight and true. Thanks for any feedback !!!
Shelby67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Ron

On our 327 we use to have, I noticed that the bed was pulling away from the slide so I used L brackets, 2 on each side to secure it to the slide frame, worked well. Happy Campin..............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Shelby67

Thumbs up Slide problem

Hi Ron & Cynthia,
Thank you very much for the reply, Wow !!!! What a beautiful set up you all have !!!. Mine has carpet under the bed frame and I was thinking on cutting it back and using some real good glue so the wood is to wood and then using what you suggested but to be careful not to use too long screws so it doesn't go through the bottom of the slide.Thank you very much for your post as I want to fix it right the first time and we all can use a little help with different way's to fix things. I just wanted to make sure that the bed made the slide run straight and there were no channels that might of broken as well. Without the bed hooked up the slide is pretty sloppy going in or out !! Thanks again and enjoy that beautiful Montana !!!
Best Regards,
Kerstin & Ted
Landenberg, PA
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
Hello All,
Need to fix bed in slide out on 327 RES. As I was closing the slide for an approaching storm I noticed the bed was moving sideways. The six screws holding the bbed frame to the slide had just pulled out and was loose. Now if I try to close the slide the slide tips up and down. Has anyone experienced this problem and how to fix as all Keystone has ever told me that " your unit is out of warranty" and you should take it to a Keystone dealer to get it fixed. I think I can fix it but want to be sure that the bed frame supports the slide to keep it running straight and true. Thanks for any feedback !!!
In the packet of manuals that came with the trailer there should be one for the bedroom slide. It should be either Lippert or Bal and will have troubleshooting instructions. If you do not have them you can download or view them on-line at the manufacturers web-page. Most are Lippert.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Cool Canuck

Yes indeed, the bedroom slide is quite narrow and relies on the bed for support to keep it from tipping in or out. Not uncommon for screws to pullout. Run some screws back in. Personally, I would not glue anything. You may need to take it apart at some point.
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Shelby67

Hi Cool Canuck,
Thanks for your input !!! I did as Ron and Cynthia recommended. I put four L brackets on each side instead of two and took your advice on the glue !!!! It runs pretty straight and true. Once I got the plywood back down and matress back on the weight and strength came into play. Thanks again for your thoughts !!!

Best Regards
Kerstin & Ted
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
Cool Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
Hi Cool Canuck,
Thanks for your input !!! I did as Ron and Cynthia recommended. I put four L brackets on each side instead of two and took your advice on the glue !!!! It runs pretty straight and true. Once I got the plywood back down and matress back on the weight and strength came into play. Thanks again for your thoughts !!!

Best Regards
Kerstin & Ted
Glad it all worked out.
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Ron

The other thing you have to watch out for on the bed slides are the little rollers/wheels at the foot end of the bed that roll on the carpet when the slide goes in and out, I had them bend on the 327 so I installed 2 on each side also. Happy Campin.............Ron
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
rudythegreat

Yes indeed. I'm new to this sight and have not figured out how to post photo off my computer yet. I own a Cougar 36 footer. I have a 24 dollar fix installed July 6th. I will back to you if it works. From the looks of things I'm several levels beneath you guys, But I usually figure these things out. I also know about the 60 pound load limit casters used on my new Cougar slide bed. Feel free to E-mail me if needed. Can't find spell, so don't get angry at the dumb old man.
rudythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
rudythegreat

Thumbs up Bed slide FIXED!

It was a gloriouse day, the 24$ fix for the slide problem worked. I almost felt like a certified engineer of sorts. Anyway, if you need photos of the fix, e-mail me. I love my Cougar (318SAB) , of course my Dually comes first!.
rudythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote