Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
Big 417

Fuzion 417

So while I had my 6 tires off to get fresh rubber, I decided to tackle the installation of heavy shackles/wet bolts I purchased a while back. I gotta say, I was a little shocked at how wore out the stock stuff was. Shackles and bolts fell apart like loose change. Practically all holes where elongated, the pressed in/knurled end of the bolts all fell out. Even sustancial wear to the cre3000 centers. And this is with only about 15000kms of highway driving. These new ones will hopefully last longer.

But just a reminder, check these things thourghly now and again.

Cheers
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
LewisB

Like you, we have a 2018 trailer, a Raptor 353TS. About a month ago, we had much the same experience. After about 3 years, the shackles and other running gear were junk!

We hired Performance Trailer Brake to replace the two 7K axles with 8K axles, 8K leaf springs & hardware, three MORryde cross members, MORryde CRE3000 equalizers, MORryde HD shackles and wet bolts, disk brakes, and hubs with 9/16" bolts.

Expensive? VERY! Worth it? Yes, every penny! Our Raptor tows so much better, smoother, quieter, more stable (some of which might be wishful thinking, but not all for sure). I can tell you that the whole rig will stop straight - and faster with the trailer - so much so that I have had to rethink my tie-down plan for the SxS in our garage. I really don't want it to end up in the main cabin on the couch after a panic stop!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
Big 417

Indeed, if we where full timers I'd look at a more extensive upgrade to the whole works. Although I feel the triple 7000# are adequate as far as carrying capacity.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion