Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
OURTIME

Vinyl Trim Tape

Hi to all!
We are new to the forum. I tried a couple searches with no luck. We have a 2006 Sprinter 380bws. The prior owner kept everything in like new condition except one thing. The lower trim on the tv cabinet in livingroom area is all scuffed and peeling from sliding tv in and out without lifting or protecting area.
Has anyone tried to order replacement vinyl tape to recover damaged areas? Otherwise I guess oak veneer trim stained to match and glued in place might be the only answer.
Appreciate the forum and any help you might have.
OURTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURTIME View Post
Hi to all!
We are new to the forum. I tried a couple searches with no luck. We have a 2006 Sprinter 380bws. The prior owner kept everything in like new condition except one thing. The lower trim on the tv cabinet in livingroom area is all scuffed and peeling from sliding tv in and out without lifting or protecting area.
Has anyone tried to order replacement vinyl tape to recover damaged areas? Otherwise I guess oak veneer trim stained to match and glued in place might be the only answer.
Appreciate the forum and any help you might have.
I am wondering if they might have something like this at Home Depot or Lowes, etc. It would likely be a lot less expensive than trying to get it through the RV world, and might offer a wider selection of color and wood grains.

Any thoughts on how you might protect the surface after you refurb it?

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
OURTIME

I just plan on putting the flat screen in the cabinet and leaving it. We have a permenant site with a boat slip from April thru Oct each year and spend 5 or 6 days a week there. TT doesn't need to be made ready to travel.
I will check the big boxes for some tape or trim moulding.
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
2011 keystone

ourtime welcome to the forum and good luck with your repair be sure to keep us updated on how it turns out.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
Jim W

Hi, I would try to use something like this: http://www.woodcraft.com/Category/20...e-Banding.aspx
Woodcraft and other woodworking companies also sell the edging tools needed to trim the tape. The tape is applied with a heated iron. Be careful if you use your wife's iron, she may not like it.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
OURTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
Hi, I would try to use something like this: http://www.woodcraft.com/Category/20...e-Banding.aspx
Woodcraft and other woodworking companies also sell the edging tools needed to trim the tape. The tape is applied with a heated iron. Be careful if you use your wife's iron, she may not like it.
Jim W.
I think I am going to use the oak trim veneer trim. As far as the iron goes, she will make me use the one that I make grilled cheese sandwiches on.
Thanks, and have a great holiday season everyone!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

HEY JUST A THOUGHT( MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE NOW) IF YOU ARE NEAR A HOBBY TOWN OR A SHOP WITH RC AIRPLANES. YOU CAN GET A MONOKOTE TRIM IRON. THEY ARE VERY SMALL AND NOT EXPENSIVE. MONOKOTE IS A PLASTIC FILM THE WE COVER THE AIRFRAME WITH AND WE IRON IT ON JUST LIKE THE TRIM YOUR LOOKING AT. THAT WILL KEEP THE DW HAPPY.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
OURTIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
HEY JUST A THOUGHT( MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE NOW) IF YOU ARE NEAR A HOBBY TOWN OR A SHOP WITH RC AIRPLANES. YOU CAN GET A MONOKOTE TRIM IRON. THEY ARE VERY SMALL AND NOT EXPENSIVE. MONOKOTE IS A PLASTIC FILM THE WE COVER THE AIRFRAME WITH AND WE IRON IT ON JUST LIKE THE TRIM YOUR LOOKING AT. THAT WILL KEEP THE DW HAPPY.
Thanks. Another good idea. We have a Galaxy Hobby close by. I'll take a look.