Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Camping family

Install 350+ antenna and router

Who has done the install of the 350+antenna and winegard router. Camping world wants over 300.00 to install both. Currently I have the winegard 360 antenna. Want to change it out for the 360+ and router.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:15 AM   #2
Javi

The router is basically plug and play 3 screws into the ceiling and plug in the wires.

Sounds like you will need to remove the Furrion base and install the 360+. There are multiple videos on the installation of the 360+.

The $300 is probably 2 hours at their standard rate.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #3
Camping family

Okay another question. I have went around and around with att about a SIM card and the winegard router. Have had enough can’t get a person on the phone or at the store with any common sense. I get att only works with att router. SIM card will not work. Or need a separate plan just for the router. Seems it depends who you talk to for what answers you get.

So my question is has anyone just removed the SIM card from their phone while camping and used it in the winegard router?
Old 04-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
Mmeyer

I installed the winegard 360 it’s really simple. I removed the old furrion antenna base centered my winggard over Where are the lines for the cable come out of the roof, traced area with a pencil to mark its location used butyl caulk under the flange then screwed Down the flange then used one tube of self-leveling caulk to caulk the flange into the roofing.
Reese goose box
Mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Okay another question. I have went around and around with att about a SIM card and the winegard router. Have had enough can’t get a person on the phone or at the store with any common sense. I get att only works with att router. SIM card will not work. Or need a separate plan just for the router. Seems it depends who you talk to for what answers you get.

So my question is has anyone just removed the SIM card from their phone while camping and used it in the winegard router?
I finally received my sim from AT&T today. Not their fault, FedEx sent it from Ft Worth to Waco via Memphis and Austin

I doubt that the sim from your phone will fit,
Sounds like you don't have the GW1000 yet and you're not going to get a sim until you have the IMEI number from the actual unit.

They can't give the sim a phone number until you have that number.

Like I said in the earlier thread, took all of 15-20 minutes to get it done and a notice that the sim had shipped including ordering a phone and updating my service to unlimited.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #6
Stevnj47

The SIM card for the router is much larger than the one in your phone so that won’t work. I went to Verizon today and got a SIM card. You have to add it to your plan like an additional line. My new line is $20 and it comes with 15 gigs like the other phones.
Stevnj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
Stevnj47

I’m going to ask my question here instead of a new thread. When I removed the little cover inside my 291RLS, I found the three wires from the antenna as I was supposed to. I also found two loops of wires. One is white and red and thicker like a lamp cord. The other loop is green and black and the wires are thinner. Anyone know which ones I need to tap into to plug in my new router?
Old 04-08-2021, 01:08 AM   #8
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevnj47 View Post
I’m going to ask my question here instead of a new thread. When I removed the little cover inside my 291RLS, I found the three wires from the antenna as I was supposed to. I also found two loops of wires. One is white and red and thicker like a lamp cord. The other loop is green and black and the wires are thinner. Anyone know which ones I need to tap into to plug in my new router?
https://www.keystonerv.com/innovatio...r-coded-wiring
Old 04-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #9
Stevnj47

Thanks Javi but I saw this link on another thread and I don’t see a red/white or a black/green. The red and black on the 12v (I think) are referring to the fat wires that connect the battery. The link shows a green/ white in the interior for a bed lift but I don’t have a green/white and I don’t have a bed lift.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:54 AM   #10
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I finally received my sim from AT&T today. Not their fault, FedEx sent it from Ft Worth to Waco via Memphis and Austin

I doubt that the sim from your phone will fit,
Sounds like you don't have the GW1000 yet and you're not going to get a sim until you have the IMEI number from the actual unit.

They can't give the sim a phone number until you have that number.

Like I said in the earlier thread, took all of 15-20 minutes to get it done and a notice that the sim had shipped including ordering a phone and updating my service to unlimited.
No I haven’t got the 360+ and router yet. Been going around and around with att. Everyone I talk to gives me a different answer. Contact with winegard they say this

This is from there web site “Get Internet On the Go with Winegard & AT&T
If you are an AT&T customer, you can easily add Winegard cellular data devices to your current data plan for simple activation, use, and payments. Add a device to your current plan by inserting an AT&T standard-sized SIM card into the device for a seamless experience and pay just one bill. The ConnecT and Gateway are the only devices built for RVing and camping that are certified by AT&T. Contact your corporate AT&T store to activate service with Winegard Internet hotspot devices.”

I have contacted att and am being told that is not correct. I’m told I have to get a separate plane for the router and internet cost 80.00 per month.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:46 AM   #11
Stevnj47

I would go to a different ATT store. I have Verizon and went into a Verizon Authorized Store yesterday. They are used to selling phones so the girl didn’t really know what to do. She figured it out and added a line to my plan and handed me the SIM card. The line is $20 a month and comes with 15 gigs of data.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #12
Stevnj47

Javi, I’m an idiot! My wires are not red/white. They are pink/white! Thank you very much.

Tags
antenna