Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
dronning

Raptor 413 Ramp door question

I am stopping by the storage facility on my way back home and need to lower the ramp door on the RV. I don't remember what the dealer told us when I took delivery last Nov.

Do I need the batteries hooked up to unlock/lower the ramp? Can I do it without batteries by hooking up to the tow vehicle and plugging in? It would save me a trip home and back if I could get it open without putting the batteries back in.
- Dave
dronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #2
nuctrooper

No batteries needed. Go in the garage area and there is a pull strap up near the center of the door. Pull it and it unlatches the ramp.
nuctrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuctrooper View Post
No batteries needed. Go in the garage area and there is a pull strap up near the center of the door. Pull it and it unlatches the ramp.
The ramp was down when we did our walkthrough and I don't remember anything but the reference to the lock.

You saved me some drive time.
Thanks,
- Dave
Old 03-15-2021, 02:20 AM   #4
nuctrooper

Dave,
I was thinking about this last night. You can open the door without power, but I pointed you at the wrong latch. The pull strap at the top inside does unlatch the door, but it actuates the electric latches. The manual overrides are on the left and right sides of the cross member in the garage on the back wall. I remember discussing them during my pdi, but I’ve never used them. (I use the pull strap frequently)
As a backup, I’m sure you could plug into the truck - pretty small current to open the latch.
Hope this helps!
Steve
nuctrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:52 AM   #5
dronning

Steve,
Thanks again it was way too dark by the time I was passing the storage facility to do what I wanted. I'm heading out there in the next couple of days so I'll be going over the ramp operation with and without power then.

- Dave

ps Of course after I got home I remembered I had a jump pack in the truck so I could have gotten the ramp down by hooking that up.

Tags
raptor