Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
cmanning31

2016 Fuzion 385

We are looking to purchase a 2016 Fuzion 385 with the bathroom in the garage and I was wondering if anyone had measurements from the wall of the bathroom to the driver side of the garage? We have a 60" wide rzr and just trying to see if it would fit or if we would have to take the bathroom out. Thank you in advance.
cmanning31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Since this is a 2016 trailer, I'd guess that it's available "somewhere fairly close" to your location???? If so, I'd urge you to take your RZR over to the trailer and actually load it into the garage to make sure it fits BEFORE even entering into serious negotiations to buy the trailer....

Looking realistically at removing a bathroom from a 6 year old RV comes with some significant cost as well as some fairly well hidden "what if's" that you need to consider. Things like a black tank under the trailer that will need to be removed, water lines that will need to be capped and even then, will also need to be winterized when the trailer is stored during cold weather. If you simply cap the lines, how will you drain them and/or add antifreeze???

If I were you, I'd make sure the trailer (unaltered) will meet your needs. If it doesn't, I'd keep looking for something that does what you need it to do without spending a lot of money "changing it to make it work".... Usually, such drastic modifications will completely destroy the trailer's resale value, so once you buy it, change it, you will never get close to what you invested when you sell it or trade it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #3
LewisB

So, we had the same issue but with a 2018 Raptor 353TS trailer, so I'm not sure this information applies. John's suggestion is great and would have been my first choice. However, we did not have the opportunity to do a "test" load with a dealer more than 100 miles distant.

So I took some VERY CAREFUL measurements and then did a scale drawing. I was very confident that I could get my Can Am in the trailer based on my measurements. The biggest issue for us was width; we have 67" of width and a 64" vehicle. That's not much extra, but it works. Forget about getting in the bathroom or walking through when the SxS is loaded.

Also check your length. We needed the 13' garage to have at least a foot of space for tie downs, etc. In the back, we lost almost a foot of garage to the 3-season sliding doors and the party deck railing. In the front, you really need a sliding glass door rather than a "swing into the garage" entry door. With the swing in door, it is blocked when the SxS is loaded (or consumes about 30" of your garage length) and makes tie-down almost impossible. So if you have an 11' garage, it's likely to not accommodate a 10' SxS plus everything else. Loading can be an issue. The 3-season patio doors and party deck railing reduce the opening width as well, so make sure and account for that.

Then there's getting the driver out! We cant' back the SxS in because we need the steering to avoid the bathroom wall/door. By driving straight in, there is not room to get tubby me out the driver's side. So it means crawling across the passenger seat to exit on the passenger side. I also put up some tire height sheet metal along the wall on the driver's side. This allows me to "lightly scrub" the wall without destroying the finish. Not much pressure, however, to avoid blowing out the wall.

All in all, with careful measurements and a good amount of thought, what you are proposing MIGHT be doable. We love our rig and combination. I love the 2nd bathroom, party deck, sliding doors, etc. But you want to be awfully careful with your measurements and confident that it will work - lots invested in your precision on this issue.

Good luck. Some pictures of our process and the end result:
Click image for larger version

Name:	What Might Be 1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	32124

Name:	What Might Be 2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	32125

Name:	IMG_0971b.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	32128
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:57 AM   #4
cmanning31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
So, we had the same issue but with a 2018 Raptor 353TS trailer, so I'm not sure this information applies. John's suggestion is great and would have been my first choice. However, we did not have the opportunity to do a "test" load with a dealer more than 100 miles distant.

So I took some VERY CAREFUL measurements and then did a scale drawing. I was very confident that I could get my Can Am in the trailer based on my measurements. The biggest issue for us was width; we have 67" of width and a 64" vehicle. That's not much extra, but it works. Forget about getting in the bathroom or walking through when the SxS is loaded.

Also check your length. We needed the 13' garage to have at least a foot of space for tie downs, etc. In the back, we lost almost a foot of garage to the 3-season sliding doors and the party deck railing. In the front, you really need a sliding glass door rather than a "swing into the garage" entry door. With the swing in door, it is blocked when the SxS is loaded (or consumes about 30" of your garage length) and makes tie-down almost impossible. So if you have an 11' garage, it's likely to not accommodate a 10' SxS plus everything else. Loading can be an issue. The 3-season patio doors and party deck railing reduce the opening width as well, so make sure and account for that.

Then there's getting the driver out! We cant' back the SxS in because we need the steering to avoid the bathroom wall/door. By driving straight in, there is not room to get tubby me out the driver's side. So it means crawling across the passenger seat to exit on the passenger side. I also put up some tire height sheet metal along the wall on the driver's side. This allows me to "lightly scrub" the wall without destroying the finish. Not much pressure, however, to avoid blowing out the wall.

All in all, with careful measurements and a good amount of thought, what you are proposing MIGHT be doable. We love our rig and combination. I love the 2nd bathroom, party deck, sliding doors, etc. But you want to be awfully careful with your measurements and confident that it will work - lots invested in your precision on this issue.

Good luck. Some pictures of our process and the end result:
Attachment 32124

Attachment 32125

Attachment 32128
Thank you so much. This makes me feel very confident in this working since I have more of a stocky rzr at 60”. I am very hopeful and excited to test it this weekend. Thank you and will post pictures.
cmanning31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion