Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
Roper46

TT Brakes Warranty

On 11/17/2020 I started a thread titled "TT Brakes". This thread basically stated that my TT brakes were not working on day one when I left the Camping World with it and to this day still do not work.

However, the TT has been at Camping World since the first week in Jan 2021. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. When I took it to them they replaced the break away switch they said was bad & had ordered. Before I left from home with the TT that day I had crawled under the TT just to look at the inside of the brake drums myself. Every visible wire was burnt and brittle.

So when they finished replacing the switch I asked the service adviser to look at the brakes with me & he did. He then called his service manager out who crawled under the TT. He proceeded to tell myself & the service adviser that ALL four brakes had parts just rolling around the drums & some of the brake adjuster wheels had fallen off inside.

So I left it w them then I get a call maybe a week later saying Keystone had denied the warranty claim on the brakes. WHAT? So he suggested I call Keystone which I did. Short version, Keystone said it isn't a warranty issue but a transpotation issue & the dealer will repair at no cost to me.

Then yesterday (Tuesday 2/10/21) I receive a call from the service manager saying that the dealer, Keystone and myself will split the repair cost three ways but he did not have a dollar amount. Told him that's not what Keystone told me & I was calling them again. Spoke to Keystone this morning & was told their product manager & the dealer service manager decided the three cost split. Told Keystone I am not paying anything. They said to call the service manager at the dealer back.

I am to the point right now that I wish I had NEVER gotten a RV or did any business with Camping World !!

Any thoughts on all this and or suggestions would be appreciated.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

At this point I would contact the Axle manufacturer. If you have documentation that the brakes were bad from day one, I would argue that it is indeed either on the dealer or the transporting company.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:20 AM   #3
Roper46

Thanks Chuck.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, warranty