Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #1
Stsm

Sanitize fresh water tank

I am new to this forum and new to RVing. I purchased a 2020 keystone half ton 29 rld. I went to sanitize the fresh water tank. The manual said to use the “gravity fill.” I looked everywhere and cannot find the “gravity fill” on this unit. I called keystone. The person I spoke with said she thought it was the same thing as the “tank vent” but was not confident. Does anyone have this trailer? Do you pour the bleach solution into the “tank vent” to sanitize? The intake portal is narrow. How do you get the bleach solution into the tank vent? A funnel did not work well.
Stsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Some members have used their water hose as a "container" to get bleach into their fresh water tank.

Hold both ends of the hose in your hand, pour bleach into one with a funnel. When the bleach rises to "close to the other end of the hose" (or when you get the amount of bleach you want to pour into your FW tank) you should have at least a cup or maybe two in the hose, connect one end to the trailer city water connection (with the valve turned to "TANK FILL") and the other end to a faucet. Turn on the water and it will force the bleach into your fresh water tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Mix your bleach water solution in a bucket and then pump it into the fresh water tank using the winterizing process.

On mine, I have to attach a hose to the winterizing port and flip the valve to Winterize. Then pump the water by turning on the outside shower faucet. Attached to that is that blue coiled hose and the other end is attached to the water fill connection. Flip that valve to fill. Now simply start the water pump, pump the bleach water the same way you'd pump the pink for winterizing, turn on the outside spigot (shower) and let it fill into the fresh water tank. Once you pumped your bleach into the fresh water tank, you can then attach the garden hose to the fresh water finish filling the fresh water tank. Once filled, you can then just pump through all your lines and sanitize everything.

I know this is somewhat cumberspn to explain, but once you've done it, it's really a very easy set up.

Tags
fresh water tank, tank, water