Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
gwadkins

KeyTV

We have a 2019 Cougar Half Ton we got last summer. I installed a small TV in the bedroom. We had no problem receiving antenna TV with the Summit TV that came with the camper or our bedroom TV. The Summit TV in the living area stopped being able to scan for channels in November. The bedroom TV was able to continue to scan for and pick up antenna I complained to Summit and they sent me another TV. This one had the same issues. Summit authorized me to purchase my own TV and they reimbursed $250. The new LG TV doesn't find any scanned antenna channels. The LG TV has no problem with anything from our wireless connection or smart scan from my phone. Our current campground has cable. Cable & antenna is fine on our bedroom TV, nothing is found with our LG TV.

It appears that the KeyTV cable/antenna connection from the antenna/cable outlet has come loose. Any suggestions on how to trace back where the connection was severed?
gwadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. If you can locate the KeyTV panel, you can either remove the mounting screws and pull it out, or determine its location and possibly remove a panel to access the back side. If the coax connections are tight, then you will need to start testing the coax from the box. If there is a splitter, I’m not sure where it would be.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:39 AM   #3
rjsurfer

Once you pull out the Key TV board and check physical connections, if problem still exists disconnect cable that feeds the problem TV and run a jumper coax from the board directly to the problem TV.

You may to run the cable thru some windows and such but if the TV works it's a bad cable, all is not lost, try a different unused output from board, all the outputs are active just don't select the one labeled FM antenna out :>

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
NH_Bulldog

With the KeyTv system, all the feeds are color coded direct runs to each individual location with no splitters or mid-point connections. If you access both ends of the cable (one end at the wall plate, the other at the KeyTv box) It is easy enough to check continuity of the wires to see if there is a break somewhere. A failure of the box is not unheard of, so if the wire is good try another output and see how it goes
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote