Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Mroe67

How is your Morryde?

I have a quote to install a Morryde pinbox on my 3021RL. I have a Pullrite Superglide hitch in my truck. I’ve been told that “some” back and forth clunking noise I should get use too. Even after adjusting the main bolt. And adjusting the gain. On my electric brakes up some more. But with the Morryde pinbox addition, it should take away most of the surging i’m feeling when going over a rough road. If you have added one of these pin boxes, especially if you have it added to a Pullrite Superglide hitch I would love to hear how it rides. Also wondering if it hooks up the same or better than before. Please give me you two cents worth. Thanks
Mroe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
K_N_L

Our TH came with the Moryde rubber pin box and it has been great so far. Initially I had a Pull right hitch and a short bed truck and it pulled very well without extra noise or issues during normal driving and turning. There are few sections of road where we always gets some chucking and I attribute it to it be the length of trailer and the road.
Believe that all combinations will have some noises due to either the rails or the hitch play. The Pull right was a quality unit and worked great, only switched as the 3/4 ton SB truck was overloaded.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
bobbecky

We've had our rig since 2012, and shortly after purchase we upgraded our manual slider to the 2900 ISR Superglide hitch. The pinbox has been great, quiet and low maintenance. And, very rarely do I have to adjust the tension bolt at the front of the hitch that keeps it from banging when starting or stopping. Our rails are so tight that the hitch does not move at all, and the few times I've had the hitch out, it was difficult to get it back in to the slots. The instructions for the hitch say to adjust the legs so they are tight in the rails so it doesn't move. And yes, no matter what you have for pinbox or hitch, some roads are just going to cause chucking due to how bad the road surface is.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:18 AM   #4
notanlines

This is our third large RV with the Moryde rubber pin box and we have had no chucking problems at all. Keep in mind what Bob said, there will be short stretches of highway that will be problematic no matter what.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote