Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
mosey

Weight distribution cougar 31sqb

Curious what w/dis solutions are out there for 31sqb with the aerodynamic propane cover?
mosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
bgilsrud

set up

i was one of the first to get this trailer in the 2011 model ! you can send me a Private Message and i will tell you my set up and why i went with it. my name is brian and i am up till 8pm cst
bgilsrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
happytrails

WD Hitch for 31SQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosey View Post
Curious what w/dis solutions are out there for 31sqb with the aerodynamic propane cover?
We use the BlueOx. It works great although I have seen other hitches out there I would rather get like the equalizer. I'm not sure if the equalizer would work, but I don't see why not. The only thing with this BlueOx setup is when you release the bar the wrench tends to hit the propane tank bottom. I don't think it's going to put a hole in it or anything, but certainly it's going to mar the paint which will lead to rust and so on. I would like to see if an equalizer would fit because it seems like a much easier system to work with..
happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
EcoboostKev

The Equal-i-zer 4way sway control setup will fit. That's what I use on my new Outback and have had good luck with it and also a friend of mine uses it with his 2012 Cougar 29BHS. Good luck, Kevin
https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...11_748-1-1.jpg
EcoboostKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
chris199

If you are at all interested in a Hensley hitch (new or reconditioned), it will fit. Had ordered a Cougar 32SAB and wanted a Hensley. They had pics of the snap u bar option or the hanging brackets.....either would work. They had pics to show how they were installed. I was thinking I might need to cut out an upside down U to permit using a snap up tool. Another option was to have a shop fabricate a diff snap up tool that would clear the fiberglass and still snap up the chain.

Due to production issues at Keystone, went with a Cougar 29REV....pointed front. Believe it or not...the original Hensley design with the adjustable struts work. There was no way the snap u brackets would.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote