Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
waltheraustin

Flapping plastic

Just got where we were going and we found a piece of plastic that had been flapping. Looks like it goes over screws but can't confirm here. Is that a cosmetic piece? Bummed to see that on my 5th outing. It's on the roof in and like I said it covers the screw heads it appears. Wondering if I need that or?
waltheraustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:01 AM   #2
MandJ

Pictures would help.
MandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Sounds like screw cover. Yes you need it, it keeps water out of the screw rail so they don’t rust and let water leak into your trailer. It tucks into the rail and you can secure the ends. We use a color matched screw and silicone.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:50 AM   #4
jsmith948

On our Laredo, the vinyl screw cover on the gutter over the galley slide was stretched too tight when installed at the factory (my opinion) and subsequently pulled off the end anchor screw then pulled back so it looked like it was about a foot short. Don't know if they will normally shrink that much or if the screw cover was actually cut to short and they just stretched it to fit. Replaced the strip with new - all good - cheap and easy fix. Either fold the strip back on itself to double the thickness (so the screw won't tear through again) or use the little aluminum end pieces made for that purpose - they can be ordered from Trekwood.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #5
waltheraustin

Trekwood, I'll go so some shopping. Wonder how this just went.

Blowout on the way with tire shredding the under carriage so changing the scissor Jack's and under carriage as well.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #6
waltheraustin

I can't seem to find that piece.

Ordered new scissor Jack's last night as well. Bottle Jack couldn't get it high enough so in desperation I tried to raise it a little and broke one.

I knew I would have an eventful trip at some point
Old 06-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #7
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltheraustin View Post
I can't seem to find that piece.

Ordered new scissor Jack's last night as well. Bottle Jack couldn't get it high enough so in desperation I tried to raise it a little and broke one.

I knew I would have an eventful trip at some point
You can buy the vinyl screw cover at CW. There are at a couple different widths so measure it before you buy.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #8
waltheraustin

I think it's the one inch after looking at Amazon. It was 10bucks so no loss if it's the wrong size